• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing Gunsmiths in Mississippi?

lilhank

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2008
I am looking for a good gunsmith in south MS or surrounding area such as Mobile,AL or Slidell,LA.Needing to get some work done here shortly and was wanting to try and stay local without sending it off.If any of you know one please let me know.
Thank's,
Jason

Re: Gunsmiths in Mississippi?

The good smiths in MS don't advertise much as word-of-mouth has kept them as busy as they want. Robert Wells is in Waynesboro and Don Geraci (sp?) is around Lucedale if I am remembering correctly. A member here - "crumpmd" - does some of his own smithing and knows the builders scene in your part of the state very well. Find a thread he is in and contact him.

Thank's DMann,I am close to Waynseboro and Lucedale I will try to contact "crumpmd".If anyone has contact info for any of these guys please let me know.
Thank's,
Jason

Don Geraci is in Independence LA, PM me if you want his phone number.

About the quickest great smith I know of. If you have your parts he will have you a gun in about a week, probably less. His stuff shoots as well or better than any smith I have ever used.

There are a few around. Wells does, or has done smithing for the hiway patrol and has a good rep. Here in Lucedale is a fellow Manly Tisdale who is a good smith, he makes custom benchrest and hunting rifles. He has an SOT and sells silencers and SBRs at his place. He has a range there too. Shoots to 500. But he does not have a CNC mill and does not do cooked cerekote.

He never did any work for me. He was afraid to be in possession of my silencer while he cut threads on my rifle. I bought my own lathe and it is a non issue.

I did get a response from "woody" in Mobile about cerakoting. I am planning to take several rifle to him for that.

Crumpmd I also talked to Woody and am going to send mine for cerakote after I get my bolt back fron GA Percision.Any dealings with CDI?Thinking about getting him to do my bottom metal/inletting.
jason

CDI Precision is Jeff in Sarasota. FL that makes bottom metal for several popular rifles that will take the AI mags.

http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com/

I have no personal experience with them, but all on here who have used Jeff to inlet their stocks for his bottom metal and/or alter their actions to take the mags, have been pleased with his work and turnaround.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigMoneyGrip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What aboit any in north MS? I'm looking for someone to bed a 700 action. I've used Tupelo Custom Weaponry, just looking for another option.
Thanks,
Scott. </div></div>

any problems in Tupelo Scott? PM me if you'd rather.

I know the SouthhavenPD and Desoto County guys are using somebody in their area with good results

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigMoneyGrip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What aboit any in north MS? I'm looking for someone to bed a 700 action. I've used Tupelo Custom Weaponry, just looking for another option.
Thanks,
Scott. </div></div>

If you wanted to get some Devcon 10110, I would be more than happy to show you how to bed your action. I live in Southaven. It's very easy once you watch someone do it. A gunsmith charging 150 to do it is highway robery. Somebody on another forum did the same for me and I would be more than happy to pay it forward.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt Henry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigMoneyGrip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What aboit any in north MS? I'm looking for someone to bed a 700 action. I've used Tupelo Custom Weaponry, just looking for another option.
Thanks,
Scott. </div></div>

any problems in Tupelo Scott? PM me if you'd rather.

I know the SouthhavenPD and Desoto County guys are using somebody in their area with good results </div></div>

I have taken a few guns to the fella you are referring to. I'm not on here to bash anyone, but search my post to see what kind of bedding job this fella does. He "bedded" a wood stock Savage for me. You will be able to tell what kind of work he does by looking at my pics and reading the comments.

I know this an old thread, but I am looking for a good gunsmith in South Mississippi. I need to have a brake put on my AIAW, requiring resizing of the barrel diameter. Anybody know of one? Feel free to PM me. Thanks