• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

H4350 Powder Questions

Basic user

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 11, 2013
    I was looking at H4350 and the jug said it's good for the larger cartridges like 30-06 and short mags, so I do a search and started reading a lot of threads talking about how this is true, and that's just too slow of a powder for the more modern loads like the 6.5 creed, so I didn't buy any. So I'm reading here and I see everyone saying it's the best powder to use for the 6.5 creed. How can it be really good for 30-06 because it's so slow, but still be great for the 6.5's?

Because most of us are slinging heavy for caliber pills in our 6.5’s.

Think of it this way, in my old 270, the standard was always a 130 on top of 4831. A 150 was super heavy and mainly only for elk and such. That would mean by their thinking, a 264 bullet should be lighter than that for most all applications. But thats not what we’re doing.

The slower powders do a better job of pushing the heavy for caliber bullets, which is exactly what we’re after. If you want to have your mind blown, dig around here for the threads on RL 26 in a creed. By the old timers thoughts, it’s not at all possible, yet a lot of folks are getting really good results with it.

At this point with the market how it is, if you need powder, get what you can, when you can, as long as you’re not trying to stuff a pistol powder in your 338.

I see. Good info.
    And yea, any powder that will push my normal calibers I'll take (556/762/6.5) I try to buy regardless.

I always choose heavy for caliber bullets in my rifles as I am target shooting oriented so... Thanks for the intel.

Last edited:
    I use it for sending 129 ABLR's out of my 20" 6.5CM and I'm getting 2700fps with them. I'll take it for a barrel that short. Getting the same with 130 Gamechangers out of the same rifle. It's a great powder. Just wish I could find more of it!

Reactions: Basic user