• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Happy New Year 2010, you rimfire junkies!

Re: Happy New Year 2010, you rimfire junkies!

And a Happy New Year to you too, Shiraz! And wishing all here at SH a Happy New Year as well!
smile.gif

Re: Happy New Year 2010, you rimfire junkies!

ditto to all of you!

hoping to get alot more shooting in this year, both centerfire and rimfire. even thinkin about taking a trip to perry.

i know i will be doing alot more rimfire, not only with the stuff we do here, but in the silhoutte area also.

i'm getting more into target shooting than hunting these days, which exactly opposite of what i was all about.

stepped up small game and varmint hunting this year bigtime (coyote, woodchucks, etc.), IMHO a bit more challenging and fun than the big game stuff. sold my remaining bow and archery equipment the other day, couldn't believe it myself. there was a stretch of 12 years where i hunted and was successful hunting exclusively with the compound and recurve.

sold off my black powder stuff also both inline and flintlock.

it was a "been there, done that" and started to get routine taking game with all that stuff, so paper is my "trophy" these days.

THANKS TO EVERYONE AT THE HIDE FOR THE KNOWLEDGE AND TIPS PROVIDED! although i don't consider myself a slouch in the shooting arena, i learned alot more than i thought i would just browsing around, this is definitely the premier site for practical precision shooting!

although i always enjoyed shooting rimfires, 2009 has been the year that i took it to a more serious level, and don't regret one minute, as it's not only economical, but challenging and rewarding. don't need to shoot the macho magnums to prove the "manhood" factor.

oh and thanks for letting me rant, vent, joke, be serious, inflate and deflate my ego, and for allowing me to add my 2 cents. i hope that some of the stuff i've found out along the way and posted helped some folks out as the stuff you guys posted helped me. you guys have been great "bartenders".

with 2010 in the crosshairs, looks like it's going to be a busy year staying on target and kicking it up a notch.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!