• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Harley Bike BLOWN UP After Harley Goes Woke!

H-D was my favorite brand, even though it underperformed. Now, it's the Bud Light of motorcycles.

OTOH, Dylan Mulvaney has some free time since his contract ended.

I knew a guy here in north Texas who restored the early Honda Goldwings. Started, I believe, as a 1975 1/2 model. The intention was to compete with the BMW Boxer.

People in Europe were getting bags and fairings put on and make it suitable for touring.

When Honda designed the Aspencade, they struck a deal with a guy to make ready-to-fit bags and fairings and that was a winner. The only touring motorcycle that came close was the Harley-Davidson Roadking.

With the Goldwing having better performance. Take a bone stock 1976 Goldwing from the factory. 0-60 in 4 seconds, producing 82 horsepower at the rear wheel.

Decades later, an H-D Fatboy would spit out 44 HP. You would have to get a Revtech kit and have mechanic and machinist mill recesses in the pistons to put up with longer valve travel.

So, it seems likek H-D is trying to tell the original customer who has kept them in business since 1903 that they do not want them anymore.

My Softail Custom was a crotch magnet and as my old riding buddy Chip McCormick would say, "If she'll ride, she'll fuck."

But it was not the faithfull steed that you could depend on to get you home. In fact, quite the opposite. When I wasn't riding it, I was working on it.

My Softail Custom was a crotch magnet and as my old riding buddy Chip McCormick would say, "If she'll ride, she'll fuck."

But it was not the faithfull steed that you could depend on to get you home. In fact, quite the opposite. When I wasn't riding it, I was working on it.
An EVO?
Mine did every state east of the Mississippi and parts of Canada without anything more than brakes, tires and a clutch pack. 91 FXSTC w/ Andrews cam

An EVO?
Mine did every state east of the Mississippi and parts of Canada without anything more than brakes, tires and a clutch pack. 91 FXSTC w/ Andrews cam
Thats what mine was, '91 w/flowed heads, EV27 cam, Mikuni carb, Vance & Hines straight pipes. Made 100 horses on a 100 degree day on the dyno. One of the fastest Harleys in Austin in the 90's...when it wanted to start as everyday was a new day with it.

Vibrated so hard I had to use lightbulbs with dirt bike filiments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender
I was going to buy a Roadking. Went in to the dealer and the salesman pissed me off. I figured I'd just go to Boise or Spokane but on my way to see my buddy, I saw the Victory shop. This has been a fantastic bike. I have a 110 CI kit for it if I ever decide to put it in or blow up this engine.

04 Kingpin with some mods
Kingpin in the Bruneau.JPG

Reactions: Bender and Ronws
I was going to buy a Roadking. Went in to the dealer and the salesman pissed me off. I figured I'd just go to Boise or Spokane but on my way to see my buddy, I saw the Victory shop. This has been a fantastic bike. I have a 110 CI kit for it if I ever decide to put it in or blow up this engine.

04 Kingpin with some mods
View attachment 8479955
Nice thing about Victory was their innovation in marketing. You could go to a dealer and they had software to design your ride. Essentially, a factory built custom. At the time, (way many moons ago) it was about 13k when most bikes were selling for about 8 - 10. So, just a little more scratch and you had something tailored to you.

Reactions: Aftermath