• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Harris Bipod questions???? Please help

Eric1122

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2012
I am building a 1000 yard rifle and I wanted to know what type of bipod should I mount on it. I have a savage FCP-k with a leupold 6.5-20x50mm Scope. I pretty much know i will be getting a Harris as I hear the quality is very good. I dont know anything else about them as I have never used a bipod (I shoot off sand bags). What length of legs? Notched? Swivel, non swivel? I am trying to be cheap as well and stay around $100 or less. Also will I need some sort of mounting hardware (the rookieness is showing I bet)? For those that are going to tell me that I can't shoot out to 1000 yards you are probably right but I want to try anyway! I already shoot out to 600 pretty well so I expect that 1000 will be easier with my new Leupold scope as what I had on the rifle before was a 3-9x50mm nikon prosatff with a duplex. Anyway, I dont want to buy a bipod that will just get in the way(Too big) or make it super heavy (I take it hunting sometimes although my main hunting rifle here in Florida is a Mini 30 as it's light and easy to take in the bush). Thanks

Re: Harris Bipod questions???? Please help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Harris, notched, swivel, and a KMW pod lock.
6-9" for prone shooting. </div></div>

This^

I like the SARG knob and Phoenix Tac pod claws,ski feet and leg lock screws.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Harris, notched, swivel, and a KMW pod lock.

this is exactly what i did. here's some convincing on the notched legs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe4iZHIx3So

I have the 6"-9" w/ notched legs and swivel base. It's by far the best all around bipod I've owned. It's great for the bench or from prone. Even if you ended up not liking it you shouldn't have any trouble selling it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turret</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Harris, notched, swivel, and a KMW pod lock.

this is exactly what i did. here's some convincing on the notched legs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe4iZHIx3So </div></div>
Holy shit batman! that was an awesome video. No smooth leg harris for me!