• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Harris spiked bipod feet by DiamondX Custom Review

JWEvans

Devil Dog
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2012
NC
I ran across a company called Diamond-X Custom who recently started making these new spiked bipod feet specifically for the Harris Bipod. I have personally talked to Ross the one behind this new product and he was very helpful with all of my questions I had. He included instructions on how to install the spiked feet yourself on his website. The installation took about 40 minutes at the most.

Despite the new wicked look the spiked feet gave my rifle, I was eager to see how they held up during some abuse in the field sending rounds down range. Needless to say, I have no complaint and it is the best investment on my rifle. I love shooting tactical matches and this will give me a huge advantage for quickly deploying my bipod once the time starts and not have to worry about the bipod moving anywhere unless I want it to. I could tell an immediate difference the first time I loaded the bipod and did not have to wiggle my body up more and more until the rubber feet stopped moving. This is a clear difference in night and day when it comes to performance for your Harris Bipod.

The set of spiked feet come with a set of rubber feet for bench shooting or if you are shooting off of a hard suface where spikes are not necessary. The spiked feet unscrew very easily so I wanted to see how quickly I could make the switch from the spikes to the rubber feet. It only took me 12 seconds to switch them!

Diamond-X Custom (Ross) did an excellent job with this product. I cannot find one flaw in the design and the attention to detail in making the spikes is perfect. The military discount is more than 14% off which is a big plus!

Here are some pictures of the spiked feet on my 6.5 Grendel right after I installed them on my rifle:
SpikedFeet1_zps8a3e6628.png

SpikedFeet4_zps4b93402a.png

SpikedFeet3_zpsab82edee.png

SpikedFeet5_zps2dc4bdf6.png

Re: Harris spiked bipod feet by DiamondX Custom Review

Has anyone else bought these spiked feet? I want to know what you guys thought of them and maybe you can add to the review I wrote.

Thanks,

Josh

Worth $70 for me! You said it all, the larue feet are not spiked. These are interchangeable from rubber to spikes as well.

For the Harris bipod... I have not found anything better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jevans7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Worth $70 for me! You said it all, the larue feet are not spiked. These are interchangeable from rubber to spikes as well.

For the Harris bipod... I have not found anything better.</div></div>

take the larue , drill a hole and tap it, insert a bolt and grind it to a point..

for 85 i would get pod claws...
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=44319/Product/TACTICAL-POD-CLAW-ACCESSORY-FOOTINGS-ACCESSORIES

I am just not a fan of the pod claws and that is the whole reason I went with the spikes. They were $60 for me and the difference is $25 from the pod claws. I have learned my lesson with settling and going with something I didn't like because it was a better deal/cheaper.

Thanks for conversating Ring.