Has anyone put DLC on a Vudoo?

KnowNothing256

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 9, 2020
    I've searched around, and haven't found anybody saying they did it. I have a Gen 1.2 and the Cerakote is starting to wear out, and it made me wonder about just making the jump to a better coating instead of having the original redone.

Anybody ever do this? It appears to me that the cerakote is all through the action, including the lug recesses? Would I mess up headspace if I have a shop blast it all off and go back with DLC?

VGW told me they nitride first, then apply CK, but it was a little unclear if the guy who answered the phone was the guy who works on them, and I wasn't sure he was talking about actions that old.

Why nitride and not DLC?
    As I understand it, they started with nitride then switched to cerakote. Shortly after that switch happened we ordered our actions bare and I had them nitrided, then at some point they switched back to nitride. I have thought of DLC on the bolt not sure of any benefit on the body though.

As I understand it, they started with nitride then switched to cerakote. Shortly after that switch happened we ordered our actions bare and I had them nitrided, then at some point they switched back to nitride. I have thought of DLC on the bolt not sure of any benefit on the body though.
    Appreciate the feedback. I think I was thinking of the action just because that's where obvious wearing is, but as I inspect the bolt it's clearly shiny in wear patterns also.

Just one of the surfaces needs to be DLC to get the lubricity properties, correct? The advantage of the applying it to the bolt is that it's just a smaller and thus easier set of parts?

Appreciate the feedback. I think I was thinking of the action just because that's where obvious wearing is, but as I inspect the bolt it's clearly shiny in wear patterns also.

Just one of the surfaces needs to be DLC to get the lubricity properties, correct? The advantage of the applying it to the bolt is that it's just a smaller and thus easier set of parts?
    Only the wear area would benefit from DLC, I found a grease that has awesome lubricity properties that works very very well with Nitride.