Hawaii-Five O disrespects Pearl Harbor Veterans!!!

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
This is just appalling.

The production company not only tried to rush the Pearl Harbor Veterans, average age 91, through their ceremony. They told them to 'get out of the way' of their filming.

And none of the stars would even come over to meet the veterans who asked to meet them.

http://www.khon2.com/news/local/story/Ve...w.cspx?rss=1803

If I bothered to watch that show, I would no longer do it. Instead, I'll just not watch CBS any more...

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS Don't even get me started about the production crew "Walking on the headstones" in front of the veterans. Too bad the Honor Guard didn't have loaded rifles...

Re: Hawaii-Five O disrespects Pearl Harbor Veterans!!!

You should see the people at my Daughter's crew regattas or cross country meets stop what they're doing when the National Anthem is played. Hundreds, sometimes thousands, of people stop whatever they are doing, take off their hats, place hands over their hearts, and observe the ceremony.

These events aren't held on sacred ground mind you.

Something is sadly amiss when the rigors of working on a horse shit TV Drama prevents the self absorbed from doing what a disparate crowd of kids, coaches and families instinctively know.

Appalling indeed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Something is sadly amiss when the rigors of working on a horse shit TV Drama prevents the self absorbed from doing what a disparate crowd of kids, coaches and families instinctively know.

Appalling indeed.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its a shame but we live in a day where god is gone country means nothing and people don't respect the past and piss on the future </div></div>

Three words....money, money, money.

It's replaced God, Country, and Respect, for FAR too many.........

Blown out of proportion. No one walked on any headstones, the closest thing was a platform bridged a headstone. All of the vets were invited to stay on set, eat and drink, and got to meet the cast. I wasn't on set that day, this is per two combat vets who where on set at the time.

Don't believe everything you read, and there is always two sides to it.

Made a phone call, turns out that the crew also stopped, removed their headgear during both the National Anthem and Taps. Then broke early for lunch with the Pearl Harbor Vets (and Alex O'Loughlin). In addition one of the grips built up a stand so they could watch the filming.

Although it may not apply to this Five O thing, I stand behind the subject of my post being the root of much evil......

I live by the old proverbs like: believe half of what you read and none of what you hear.

In the case of the "fourth estate" ie: news companies, they stretch the truth to the limit to create news which when thoroughly investigated truns out to be false.

I'm glad to hear this wasn't as egregious as first reported.

That said, the executive producer of the show issued a statement saying,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Peter Lenkov, executive producer for the remake of the classic series released a statement saying, "Any rudeness by our staff can only be attributed to haste to finish our work, not a lack of respect for men and women who have served and sacrificed for their country. We sincerely apologize to any that were offended."</div></div>

I still have little use for horse shit dramas though!