• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hawk Hill Bipod Talons -- GTG?

user

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2009
USA
I'm thinkin about pulling the trigger on these and have been reading reviews. Any of ya'll run them? Are the GTG? Do ya like them & work well?

Thanks.

YES! They are very GTG.

Trick for me, I cover mine with set of rubber chair tips:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Waxman-4-Pack-1-1-8-in-Black-Rubber-Tips/3032995
(I am not 100% sure if that is the correct size, I will have to check when I get home)

That way I have a rubber cover for grip on really hard slick surfaces, plus that way the talons do not tear the crap out of everything when I am carrying them around.

I just pop them off when I am on anything soft and really want them to dig in.

*EDIT - from what I can tell, because mine are pretty old and warn, it looks like they are 1"
Cap.jpg

Last edited:
All three of my Harris bipods have the Hawk Hill spikes. Saw a definite improvement of my groups at 100 yards when I was able to preload the bipod on the bench.

I have them and love them! Yes a little Bit of a bitch to install on the Harris bipod with the spring legs. I took a couple of staples out of my squeeze staplegun flatten them and cut them so they were exactly the width of the bipod leg then pulled the spring up and slid the staple through with the top to keep it from retracting into the leg. Then I was able to get the pin through and everything works perfectly with them. I just left the staple in there when I installed the feet and have been running them for a couple years with no problem .I also filed the back of the plate on the bipod that the legs press against when fully extended, this allowed The legs to angle back slightly so they are easier to load which helped greatly for shooting on concrete .