Grab yours

Hawke elevation knob (problem?)

Taika

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2024
Finland
Hey.

I have searched the internet over 2 hours with no results and i thought you guys could help

Just bought new scope for my 6.5 creedmoor tikka and was exited to zero it and go hunting with it.

So i got it zeroed, took about 10 rounds to be center at 100 meters, i noticed it has a window on the elevation knob and i wonder if that shows how many clicks i have left. Then i checked the hawke pages about the scope and found that there should be 20mrad or 200 clicks total (im new to this). I started counting and went up at the start, 88 clicks and stop. Went back 88 clicks and im at the 100 meter mark, started counting down, 112 clicks. That means there are 200 clicks

Is it normal to have 88 clicks up and 112 clicks down? Why would i need 112 clicks to go down when im zero at 100M?

Is this normal?

Can i adjust it in a way that i would leave example 150 to go up and 50 to go down?

Sorry for bad english

Information about weapon and scope

-Tikka T3x 6.5Crmr
-Hawke Sidewinder FFP 6-24x56 Half Mil Reticle SF
-Tier one picatinny 30mm high

Thanks for helping in advance!

You have 20 mils total in your scope. You are zeroed at 100 and that happens to correspond with the middleish of that scopes adjustment travel range. In order to change where that 100 yard relative zero point is in your scope you will need to tilt the scope body. That is accomplished in the scope mounting. You can use a scope base with a designed amount of cant built into it or you can get a mount that has the cant built into it.

Reactions: diggler1833