• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Hawke Optics

Kevin Rass

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2011
I am in the process of scoping four long range rifles, 3 bolt actions and one 308 AR 10 platform. I have heard alot back and fourth about hawke and its quality and i was curious of anyones experience or knowledge with regards to these optics. I know that it is very hard to compare anything to night force which is one that i am planning on getting for my competion rifle, but i want to explore all options before i become a living breating nightforce billboard, any help would be greatly appreciated..

Hawke sidewinder 30 and eclipse 30 SF are the primary two

Re: Hawke Optics

I would pass on it (Hawke sidewinder 30). Save up your money and get a better scope. I see them at guns show all the time. I have looked at several of them and noticed the glass is not that clear. Bushnells 3200 scopes have better glass than the Hawke. I would do some more research on this site and ck the classified's for a good deal. Look for weavers, bushnells, swfa, leupold, pst, sightron and others.

John

Re: Hawke Optics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JAAM12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would pass on it (Hawke sidewinder 30). Save up your money and get a better scope. I see them at guns show all the time. I have looked at several of them and noticed the glass is not that clear. Bushnells 3200 scopes have better glass than the Hawke. I would do some more research on this site and ck the classified's for a good deal. Look for weavers, bushnells, swfa, leupold, pst, sightron and others.

John </div></div>

There are two different series of Sidewinder 30, one is the The "sidewinder 30" and the other Sidewinder 30 "tactical", which has better glass.

You must have seen the "none" tactical, because my 6.5-20x44, has "hands down" better glass then any 3200 tactical I have seen. I'm going to even go as far as to say it has slightly better glass then my friend's Leupold VX-3 When not using the sunshade, and slightly better then my SWfa x10 Supersniper" when using the sunshade"

Mine tracks well and is still holding zero, so far around 200 rounds through my 300wm, I would by another one in a hartbeat if I needed to.

The only thing I dont like about the scope is that it doesnt show how many rotations you have the turret adjusted to, so you have to keep count" if you plan on spinning it a bunch"

The scope feels overall well built and heavy duty.
Here is the exact model I have.
http://swfa.com/Hawke-65-20x42-Sidewinder-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P44554.aspx

I dont have any exp from the other series other then they are well known to be reliable in the high power airgun community.