• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

Headspace question

DesertScout23

Private
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2013
Hi folks. Happy 4th. Somewhat of a novice here.

Doing a custom 6.5 creed bolt build and am using the following:

Action- Aero solus short action.
Barrel- Proof TL3/SR3 short (part #113059).

I noticed the following, using Forster gauges:
Go gauge: closes
No-Go gauge: closes (my concern)

*The aero action is supposed to be compatible with zermatt/origin prefit barrels.

Please note that I only hand tightened the barrel on when I checked. Is there a chance that it will gauge properly once torqued correctly? What’s my next step?

Much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_9172.jpeg
    IMG_9172.jpeg
    323.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9170.jpeg
    IMG_9170.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 39
Hi folks. Happy 4th. Somewhat of a novice here.

Doing a custom 6.5 creed bolt build and am using the following:

Action- Aero solus short action.
Barrel- Proof TL3/SR3 short (part #113059).

I noticed the following, using Forster gauges:
Go gauge: closes
No-Go gauge: closes (my concern)

*The aero action is supposed to be compatible with zermatt/origin prefit barrels.

Please note that I only hand tightened the barrel on when I checked. Is there a chance that it will gauge properly once torqued correctly? What’s my next step?

Much appreciated.

You have the wrong barrel. The Origin is different than the TL3 short. You need to return it and get an Origin prefit.

I’ve never had one I know there is a thread on here that talks about them.Just type it in the search and if it were my gun I would eather go with a proof prefit or a pva prefit barrel Josh does super great work I’ve a few of his barrels and they’ve all been shooters. I would probably also check Altus shooting solutions for a prefit for your build too.

Thanks for the reply. I figured that may be the case. Do you guys have any recommendations of any quality prefit barrels, which would fit the solus action that you recommend?

Why don't you just return it where you bought it?

PVA has great barrels if you wanted to look elsewhere.

Reactions: Baron23
I had it in maybe 4-5 weeks after I put the order in. I had a cert for 500$ off so the barrel only cost me 65$ out of pocket. Had them cut a saami 6.5cm chamber in a mtu for a kelbys action. I have a around 700 rounds on it and it has hammered with everything except 142 smks. It hated those bullets.

Reactions: DesertScout23
@StraightJacketArmory is a commercial supporter here and also does prefits as another option if you were interested in looking at other options.