• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hellfire vs sidewinder compatibility

jeffl838

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Is anything between the two compatible? I notice they make separate suppressor mounts and brake mounts as well. If not, it's a shame, because I'd buy a sidewinder for my 300wm if they were.

Thanks,
Jeff

Just buy all sidewinder. Problem solved

kinda late. pulled a hellfire off a prize table when it first came out and i immediately adopted the hellfire mount on all my guns and my can. sucks to suck.

Wish they had a longer hellfire (sidewinder length) as I am heavily invested in the hellfire for my stuff, and just picked up a 28 nosler and would like that type of a brake. Not going to get a dedicated can for that rifle though as little as I shoot it.

They sell just the adapters by them self. You can grab a sidewinder break and adapter and then you want to go suppressed you can just swap to the hellfire sized adapter. It is easy enough to swap. Not hard to carry an extra wrench or 2.

I personally can't comment on the Hellfire cam, but I can tell you that the Sidewinder cam is definitely not a 'little' cam by any means. I have over 9,000 miles on the Sidewinder without a single stall, trouble code or CEL.

They sell just the adapters by them self. You can grab a sidewinder break and adapter and then you want to go suppressed you can just swap to the hellfire sized adapter. It is easy enough to swap. Not hard to carry an extra wrench or 2.
At that point itd be easier and cheaper to just get a big ass elr brake because I could just keep a shim on the gun and hand torque the elr brake whereas with the sidewinder I’d have to maintain an adaptor that serves no other purpose...

The advantage of the 419 system is that I can use a mount for all my rifles and I can use one brake and one suppressor between all of them. If they sidewinder and hf came out simultaneously I would’ve invested in the sidewinder but I’m committed now.