• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

Hello from Belgium

Bart Weemaels

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2024
Belgium
Hi all,

Good to be here ! I'm a 44y old consultant, living in Belgium. I've been shooting for the past 2 years in different ranges of the sport. From pistol shooting, to clay shooting towards AR-15 and off course LRS. The long range shooting, for me, is the most fascinating discipline of the shooting sport. The technical analysis of the ballistics, mapping the rifle with the correct ammo for a specific distance, ... It's covering my needs of executing a hobby :)

Anyway, for my first real challenge, hitting the steel plate at 1300 yards, I came here looking around for some answers on the questions I had. REally helped me a lot in defining what matters to shoot long range. My Remington 700 SPS Varmint in ESS chassis and Meopta optics has been sold just one week ago... now waiting for my AI AT-X(C) with the vortex GEN III, and during the wait reading all this interesting stuff from people so much more experienced than I am.

Hope to learn a lot, and maybe, in the future, I can contribute wisdom to this forum too

Nice to meet you all !

B.

Welcome from Tampa Bay, FL!

I have been to Belgium and vicinity many times. When I first started work after college, I worked for a firm that had a Satellite division in Belgium. A fellow from that division was TDY to the US HQ. We became very good friends. After he went back, he invited me over there to attend his wedding. My first trip out of North America, in 1984. I arrived in Luxembourg (via IcelandAir of all things) and took the Belgian Railway from Luxembourg to Gembloux, Belg. near the bride's family farm. The wedding reception took place in a country Inn in Mirwart, where my friend used to work. After the wedding I was driven to Brussels and stayed there for 5 days, often taking day trips from Brussels - Midi to Paris Gare du Nord, via the TEE Isle-de-France Train.

I went back several other times to visit them in Oupeye. I recall being there arriving at the old Zavantem Airport and leaving at the new one (1994).

Welcome aboard, and we can talk a bit later.