• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hello from CA native just moved to Mesa, AZ

DannoXYZ

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2024
Mesa, AZ
Hi everyone, just moved from SF Bay Area to Mesa AZ and so relieved!!! I should've done this decades ago! Way, way cheaper cost-of-living and so much nicer people. No hours and hours spent in traffic trying to get to office! Anyway, so much easier to shoot here. Always had so many projects on back-burner and just couldn't do it because of stoopid CA rules!

Currently have (basically I get unlimited amounts of 9mm ammo):
- CMMG Banshee in 9mm
- Extar EP9 pistol (wife's)
- Extar EP9 rifile
- Curtis CT700P, one of earliest versions.
- Ruger PC carbine
- Keltec Sub2000 G3

Now I'm got so many projects I wanna do:

- AR9 build with integrally suppressed barrel
- add Vanquish integrally suppressed barrel to Extar
- build integral suppressor for Ruger PC carbine
- convert Remington 783 to 9mm, similar to Curtis CT700P
- stock up ammo, MREs, add solar power, dig well (prepping for Zombie Apocalypse)

Just picked up one of these to take my nephew & niece shooting. We can just walk out into desert and shoot! Simply amazing!!!
Well, until couple weeks ago with summer fire-season starting, so range only.
IMG_2418.JPG

I commuted to S.F. for about 20-yrs on one of these pre-gen Ninja 250s.

1C2WwnRZ7YI-BlOy-nDfDdsT-MmggP4E7

Sample commute to S.F.

And leaving.

Also took it on trips to Portland, OR to visit my brother.

1a-sYMj63898KwxrSuPaxWYZvkL3OW9IO

I raced one of these new-gen Ninja 250s with AFM.

1oPWSsiDFyR23pIdOYyVus8EFX8yVC92J

1nRhCJORNsBlHzsJ0TnT0YQwezbEtKDgQ

Still have my 1st bike I bought new in 1986!! VF500F

1yuO_akUvy0PprZGvJyn9PLSjUeEBrDKz

Later on I bought bigger brother VFR750

1pBEGiJngFpDaESAvCo9iqvx1uNo9mnjA

Here I am at AMP, 1st trackday in AZ! :)

1N8A6BLFk2pRfWjqkD8MwoSCcGalvkND-

And some other fun toys from Luke AFB next door.

I can’t believe neighboring condo complex is complaining about noise from track when you’ve for F35s taking off right next door! Spoiled brats!! :eek:

Last edited:
That's badass! I had a '96 brown and gold Gixxer 750 race prepped that was stolen. My fastest was 165mph in 5th gear then I ran out of freeway, lol. (I have a wild side).Then I had a 2001 I think, the first year they came out with the electronic fuel injection. I had the computer modified and of course a Yosh pipe. Great fun. I got out on Willow Springs once but racing was too rich for my blood. I'm probably too big as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: DannoXYZ
You’re welcome! :) Ahh… Willow Springs! One of my favourite tracks! Used to go there almost weekly when I lived in Santa Barbara. First got my racing licence with WSMC. End of an era now that Huth family is selling it off. Will probably become one of those “country club” tracks with $30k memberships and $1k monthly dues. :mad:(n)

heh, heh… plenty of big guys in racing! I was 245-lbs when I started on Ninja 250! Down to 160 now and it’s definitely helped me be faster. Most of that is probably getting more skilled. I do notice I’ve had to change my tactics, I can’t shove people out of way as easily as when I was bigger, ahahahaahh!!! :D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1TcTtws86i5mE7-vLBwlrXahihFT0zymt

I’m firmly commited to racing 250s, even though that class has long been killed off. Just picked up one of these NSR250SP to compete in 400 Superbike class. Signed up to race with ASMA and CVMA this fall.

1U6txiBNDNCCbx-Yf9-SBo3uIQQJXz20U

My wife just got me one of these CBR600RRs for my B-day! :love:

1YHG2CFqPQxLTrLIRrGHsQrfKY_VipURY

Now that I don’t have to commute in traffic splitting entire way any more, picked up more comfortable bike.

1hmTFlnHgI1IMLyiWkLNhYBCaBTcu52Zt

OMG!!! I must be getting OLD!!! Never ever thought I would ever ride a TOURING bike!!! 😂🤣

Last edited: