Help! ‘Trimming’ 1 x fired Lapua brass for the chamfer / deburr on a Henderson.. already under case length

Strbrd22

Private
Minuteman
Supporter
Aug 1, 2024
Western NY
Looking for some help / advice. Traditionally, have used (and still own) an RCBS case prep center for chamfer / deburr. More recently, I picked up a Henderson trimmer. After talking on the phone w Henderson, they made it clear the trimmer is NOT a chamfer / deburr machine but just happens to accomplish this while trimming (which is awesome). My problem is, after annealing and FL resizing (bumping the shoulder back .002 as well), my 1x fired Lapua brass is coming in UNDER spec… so, nothing to trim and therefore no Henderson C/DB? I included a picture of my CL reading after resizing and on the white board is the spec for my 260 case length… what should I do? Thanks in advance!
IMG_1515.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1516.jpeg
    IMG_1516.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 31
I don't load or shoot 260, but I believe 2.035 is the max case length, and 2.025 is the trim length. I don't know the min. case length, but for the cartridges I shoot it is .020 less than the max length, and the typical trim length is 0.010 less than max. I believe your options are:
1) Set the Henderson trim length to just kiss the case mouth of your 2.024 case enough to chamfer without taking away any length, and then trim them all to that length, or -
2) Manually chamfer/debur any cases under 2.025 and catch them up on the next firing cycle with the Henderson when they have grown a little (past 2.025)

Do number 1 ^
That's what I do. Brand new Lapua brass, run a -0.002 mandrel through it, find the shortest one, set the Giraud up to just chamfer that case without shortening it, then run them all through it so that they all end up the same length (and chamfered).