• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Help me finding a new butt stock for my AR!

Jayjay1

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2018
Hey guys,
I need a new butt stock for my AR15.

- Milspec
- lightweight
- adjustable
- sturdy
- NO cheek rest at an angle (I had the VLTOR Emod and didn´t like it, I want it just rounded)

Can you please recommend me some?
:)

Last edited:
Thank you!

Yes, the CTR fits all my wishes.
And by looking at it, I came to the Hogue Overmolded as well, which seems to be the direct competitor of the CTR.

Which one has less play, the CTR Mk. 2 or the Hogue OM?

LWRC stocks are very good, plus you can put tungsten rods in the battery storage tubes to balance out heavier barrels. There's just a skoshi cheek rest (I can't use a prominent rest like the LMT SOPMOD due to neck fusion):

StockComparison.jpg

I run a couple CTRs and like them. One has the add on check riser and adjustable heel plate, the other is just standard no frills.

Also run a PRS Gen 3 and a TROY airborne that is plenty fine.

Hey guys,
I need a new butt stock for my AR15.

- Milspec
- lightweight
- adjustable
- sturdy
- NO cheek rest at an angle (I had the VLTOR Emod and didn´t like it, I want it just rounded)

Can you please recommend me some?
:)
I like the hogue over molded rubber, comfortable, grippy, and green is a plus this is my second pair. I wanted my next rifle to match the other.
I also like that is a snug fit on the buffer tube. It does not rattle loosely.
IMG_6831.jpeg

From my recent experience, the older Magpul stocks have a lot of play, at least my CTR's do. Maybe the molds are just worn, dunno. I purchased a few DT's recently and those were definitely tighter but still not where they should be. I have a few Mission First Tactical minimalist stocks which have zero slop, none whatsoever. Not necessarily recommending those but they fit the buffer tube like a stock should. I have a B5 as well, lots of slop.

I have the PR Carbine and I like the bag rider and hand grabby part. It does wiggle and they're releasing the DT version eventually that probably fixes that.

Another draw of the CTR style is the variety of cheek risers. There are also risers for the B5 sopmod style if you prefer those. One downside to the B5 design is the exposed lever can be engaged by a bag. I haven't experienced it but I could see it happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigjake83