• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Help with a anschutz 141M rebuild

nickdahick

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2008
Coeur d' Aene, ID
I purchased a very well used savage anschutz 141M at a pawn shop a few weeks ago. I didnt think I could ever get a annie for $180, and probably should have considered saving some pennies to get one in better shape. This rifle is missing 2 parts, but I believe they should not be too hard to find. One part is the front sight and hood. Anyone have any ideas? It is not a standard dove tail, and doesnt match any other .22s I have found. The second part is the receiver screw behind the mag release. I can use any help possible!!!! I have already spent about 20 hrs. on the rifle. Someone had used it as a practice piece for their electric engraving. I was able to buff most of it out. I repaired a missing piece of the rosewood forend. I also repaired a crack in the barrel channel by relieving it and filling it with accuglass. Thanks guys

Re: Help with a anschutz 141M rebuild

Mac Tilton from MTguns.com he has hundreds of them in stock and it would be best to take pictures of the rifle and send it to me since I am about 9 miles away from where he is. I can look. I also have some parts myself in stock.

KN

22mag or 17HMR? Do you have an idea what size the receiver screw might be? Where did you find it at?

cool.gif

Koganinja:

I have sent MT guns an email(about 4) weeks ago without response. These are standard hunting sights, not the target sights. If you can find one, that would be great. I will get you some pics soon.

HotRod:

It is in .22 mag. it is an early gun, prob in the 60's. Lets just say I know a lot of the guys at the pawn shops in north idaho hahahaha.

Also, I have no idea what the threads are, I wish i did. Any ideas of how I can find out?
I just got the action and barrel back from Mel Doyle. He did a beautiful bluing job on it. I hand polished the barrel and receiver. It is damn near a weatherby blue now. when I get it done, I will post pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nickdahick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Koganinja:

HotRod:

It is in .22 mag. it is an early gun, prob in the 60's. Lets just say I know a lot of the guys at the pawn shops in north idaho hahahaha.

Also, I have no idea what the threads are, I wish i did. Any ideas of how I can find out?
I just got the action and barrel back from Mel Doyle. He did a beautiful bluing job on it. I hand polished the barrel and receiver. It is damn near a weatherby blue now. when I get it done, I will post pics. </div></div>

Take the action screw you have to a hardware store and see if you can find a nut to fit. I have a couple newer Anshcutz and I think they are 6mm but from what I'm told others are 5mm.

Mel's craftsmanship will be missed when he passes away. I have a couple old Mossbergs 22lr I need to have him blue so I should run down and see him before the snow flys.

cool.gif