• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Help with decision please

sgtshultzy266

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2010
I have an opportunity to pick up a brand new Leupold Mark 4 ERT M5 ffp 4.5-14x50 for a little over $1250. I have been saving for a nightforce nxs 3-15x50 mlr/milrad though. I really wanted the nightforce but am wondering if you guys had an opinion since the Leupold is such a great deal.

I plan on putting the scope on a 5R .308 with Badger 20moa base, and so I would also ask for recommendations for rings and heights also.

I want to get into long range shooting and will mostly use the gun for targets and occasional hunting. Thanks...Shultzy

Re: Help with decision please

No experience with the Leupold to compare against, but I just picked up my second NXS. I thought I liked the first, but these new high speed turrets make it even that much better. NF has been great to deal with when I have spoken with them as well.

Re: Help with decision please

Definitely go with the Nightforce. There's a NXS 3.5-15x50 right now in the "optics & accessories for sale" section for $1150 shipped. Now that's a good deal.