• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Hensoldt 6-24x72

joycey

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2010
Australia
looking at buying a scope to put on a TRG 42 300 win mag, most of my long range shooting will be early in the morning or a dusk when there is hardly any wind, so im looking at the bigger objective size lenses to bring in more light.

what is the differnce between the Zeiss Hensoldt 6-24x72 and the Zeiss Victory Diavari 6-24x72, other than price?

Re: Hensoldt 6-24x72

Chicks DIG the Hensoldt guys.

Really I'm not sure, probably the turrets and the glass coatings. It's the same glass I think but I think the Hensoldt has a higher grade or coatings or maybe more abrasion resistance for the .mil guys in the sand.

Cue HDC-Deadly.......now!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joycey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looking at buying a scope to put on a TRG 42 300 win mag, most of my long range shooting will be early in the morning or a dusk when there is hardly any wind, so im looking at the bigger objective size lenses to bring in more light.

what is the differnce between the Zeiss Hensoldt 6-24x72 and the Zeiss Victory Diavari 6-24x72, other than price? </div></div>

After you get your awnser give Mike C a call at www.cstactical.com he has one in stock ... the Henny 6-24

The Zeiss have a limited elevation travel, so much limited that it cant be mounted on a 20 moa base, cause that is to much to be sighted in on hundred yards....

So in my view, only the Hensoldt is interesting.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This question looks familiar. Did you post this before, something about hunting dawn and dusk?</div></div>

He's only got 8 posts...it's pretty easy to check
smile.gif

Nope, wasn't him. After a while ALL the questions start to repeat and repeat and repeat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanPopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 72mm Zeiss on a 20 MOA Murphy Precision base sights in just fine at 100 yards. I still got 1.5 mils left over. </div></div>

are you refering to the ziess Victory Diavari? or the Hensoldt?

The differences between the Hensoldt 6-24x72 and the Diavari aren't huge, but they make a big difference:

Hensoldt
-More abrasion resistant coatings on lenses to meet Mil Spec requirements
-Beefier internal working mechanisms
- Different turret system
-Different illumination control, microprocessor instead of rheostat

Ill also say that the Diavari is a good scope, you will not break it, its not fragile by any means, but with the Hensoldt we have yet to have one come back broken in the 2 years this has been going on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to Zeiss catalogs are the current Zeiss 6-24*72 having a 110cm/43" adjustment range in elevation.
Compared to the 240cm/94" for hensoldt.

Håkan </div></div>
I recall also the Hensoldt has much more total elevation travel. With only 43" of travel, it's still possible to have a 100 yard zero if there is asymmetrical travel from the optically centered erector position.