• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

Rifle Scopes Hey Athlon...spray paint and your warranty

Sogan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2013
Is it true that spray painting your scopes will void the lifetime warranty? I was interested in purchasing the new Ares ETR for a build until I looked up your warranty and saw that. I know many of the other companies could care less about spray paint and I may have to go that route if this is true. I don’t see how some simple spray paint could cause such a strong stance on the warranty.

Attached is a screen shot from their website
05AA1F86-3C5C-42EE-906B-4DF33B67A860.jpeg

Last edited:
My guess is that you send in a scope for repair, they in turn send you a new scope, and then repair your scope to warranty to someone else or something like that.

Or at least use parts from it to repair other scopes.

That policy makes sense and I can't really blame them for it. That being said I once purchased a vortex Razor that had been baked by previous owner and damaged some of the adhesives internally. Vortex fixed still fixed it.

Riflescopes aren't meant to be subjected to baking temps for the likes of cerakote and such. I don't blame them at all for voiding the warranty in such a case.

Riflescopes aren't meant to be subjected to baking temps for the likes of cerakote and such. I don't blame them at all for voiding the warranty in such a case.

I agree with cerakote. However I’m talking about simple spray paint. There are many conpanies who have excellent warranties that could careless about spray paint and EVEN cerakote.