• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

HH Kehner Winchester Pre-64 H&H 300 engraved

Marplot

Private
Minuteman
May 16, 2024
Atlanta GA
I was recently was able to acquire a HH Kehner Winchester Pre-64 300 H&H mag. Engraved and carved. Serial # is 406*** which I think is 1957. Want to know more about it. it has a 4-10 Nickel scope with a claw mount. I think it has drilled and tapped places for a Picatinny if I remove the claw mounts. Probably just shoot it for a while.

Some that I know. Please expand if you know anything else.

This beautiful rifle appears to be unused, perhaps fired once or twice at best. The rifle was made by Winchester circa 1957. Alleged to have been made for a US officer stationed in Frankfurt in 1958, the gun was built to American tastes with impeccable workmanship.

H&H Zehner brothers were the preeminent German rifle builders of the mid-century era. During a time of strict gun control during post-WWII reconstruction Zehner was able to operate by serving US officers on commissioned pieces. There work is some of the finest to come out of Europe during the era and due to their connection to American clients, was the only one using superior American Winchester actions on some of their custom pieces. (American Officers could buy Winchesters through the PX on base to provide the actions to Zehner)

The rifle is chambered in 300 H&H. Custom walnut stock with ebony grip cap, fore end tip and shadow line cheek rest. Carved and beautifully checkered stock. Prolific foliate engraving and a scene of a ram on the magazine. French gray receiver. Gloss bluing elsewhere throughout over the other foliate engraving. German claw mounts.

The optic is a lovely B. Nickel 6-10x scope made by Hertel & Reuss (now part of Swarovski)

Attachments

• IMG_3338.JPG
    IMG_3338.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3335.JPG
    IMG_3335.JPG
    485.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3361.jpg
    IMG_3361.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3362.jpg
    IMG_3362.jpg