• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors hi m im new member . question on the spectre 2

ericdraven

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2014
after a year i picked up my spectre 2 from jail last week lol

im trying to decide on host . and now ive read not all 22 pistols will work out of the box ??:confused::confused:

gun show this weekend planning on picking up a host

can anyone name some good hosts ?? id like the quietest if possible

i know from looking on youtube the beretta 70 and the walther ppk are really quiet suppressed.

any help is appreciated .

Take calipers, or a good ruler. Look for shoulder-to-muzzle distance of .4" or less... Then it should work with your Spectre II no problem.

Then find a Ruger Mark II.

^^^ Just have to verify the thread spec on the particular host, though on many of the pistols it's not a big issue. It's the rifles that often are a bit too long on thread length which prevents the can from shouldering up properly. Ruger 22/45 makes a great host for the Spectre II.

I'm personally going to use a M&P 22 once mine gets out if jail. I daily carry M&P pistols so it only makes sense to keep the manual of arms/geometry exactly the same.

Last edited:
stay away from the sig mosquito, and the walther 22. too many reports of them being too picky about ammo.

i have a ruger MK2 that i had the factory barrel threaded for my sparrow. still just as accurate and reliable. i choose to thread the factory barrel because i already knew how accurate and reliable it is. i didn't want to take a chance on an aftermarket product. super quiet too. i have a sig 226 with the 22 conversion, and the ruger is noticeably quieter. it eats all of the junk 22 as well. my ruger MK3......piece of crap. only feeds better quality 22 ammo.

Attachments

• IMG_20140109_171640.jpg
    IMG_20140109_171640.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24