• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

HK----HK USA!

IMG_6203.jpeg

Relevant text:
We expect to introduce 3 major new/enhanced platforms between mid-October and the HK Pro WOFT event in February.

The schematics on ARFCOM aren't for a bolt gun:

Couple of US trademark applications for the "SP7" is probably an MP7, see: 018986902, 1797837

Multiple US trademark applications for something related to a wearable tracking/shot counter device, could be related to their 2017 patents, see: 019056146, 019056188

I don't think this is related to the announcement, but I guess they're getting into airsoft (AYFKM?), see: Gen3; H-Guard; HK421; HK447; VP40; HK169; HK369, M27, M320, SFP40, Mk23, GMG, HK243, HK245, G39, GLM, HK443, HK45... others, not typing the rest out

HK USPTO filings

Last edited:
This is huge for HK-USA and the US bolt gunner. I can see this being on some agencies list and folks who want a quality off the shelf gun. Does it appear to be oriented towards the PRS crowd-nope and I doubt HK is remotely interested. Hope to see more on this.

This is huge for HK-USA and the US bolt gunner. I can see this being on some agencies list and folks who want a quality off the shelf gun. Does it appear to be oriented towards the PRS crowd-nope and I doubt HK is remotely interested. Hope to see more on this.

Is it though?

I remain a bit tepid over the bolt offering.

The other stuff may be cool though. HK is a funny company, we'll see what actually happens and what the prices are.

So teasing at three new products, sounds like one might be a civvy MP7. That would be a no-brainer for HK-USA if they actually want to make money. My guess for the second item would be that compact pistol they teased everybody with last year but never released. And if true they are making a bolt gun and that bolt gun takes SR25 or G3 mags, then I am sold! F'kn take my money, credit scores are over rated anyway!

Where do they plan on building their factory facilities in the USA (if any)?
They already have a plant. It's in either Georgia or South Carolina, I've slept since looking that tidbit of info up.

I seriously doubt they are going to enter with fanboy items. I think they are looking at the market from the standpoint of large agency/govt contract purchases and the most likely and volume purchase by the average consumer.
So--
The bolt gun, obviously a carbine and the new pistol. Those three make the most sense- to me anyhow

I'll get this out-they will not peddle substandard shit like sig has done.

Reactions: kthomas
I seriously doubt they are going to enter with fanboy items. I think they are looking at the market from the standpoint of large agency/govt contract purchases and the most likely and volume purchase by the average consumer.
So--
The bolt gun, obviously a carbine and the new pistol. Those three make the most sense- to me anyhow

I'll get this out-they will not peddle substandard shit like sig has done.

I agree.

HK does not pander to the "enthusiasts". Which makes all the wish-casting from the LARPers on arfcom even more hilarious. Those posters on arfcom are either children or mentally stunted based on some of the posts I've seen in that thread.

HK is much more interested in meeting the needs of their main clients - the government.

I agree.

HK does not pander to the "enthusiasts".

They think they do…with lame limited editions. OD green pistol frames….flecktarn camo. Oh and don’t forget the MR27 tribute rifle that’s idiotically priced for an Mr556 with an Acog.

For sure one of the 3 will be the USA version of the “cc” Micro 9mm. The bolt gun was in line with every other AR maker doing bolt guns 2 years ago. Doesn’t mean it’ll happen…much like the HK1911 blue prints

Reactions: kthomas
View attachment 8502117

Relevant text:

The schematics on ARFCOM aren't for a bolt gun:

Couple of US trademark applications for the "SP7" is probably an MP7, see: 018986902, 1797837

Multiple US trademark applications for something related to a wearable tracking/shot counter device, could be related to their 2017 patents, see: 019056146, 019056188

I don't think this is related to the announcement, but I guess they're getting into airsoft (AYFKM?), see: Gen3; H-Guard; HK421; HK447; VP40; HK169; HK369, M27, M320, SFP40, Mk23, GMG, HK243, HK245, G39, GLM, HK443, HK45... others, not typing the rest out

HK USPTO filings
Yeah, they've been making those promises since around 2004. Not holding my breath for any product breakthroughs or meaningful US production.

H&K hates you, but knows you'll buy whatever they put out whenever they get around to putting it out way after the market has changed.

I mean…they took a lot of shit on the VP9 release and were a day behind the ppq in a time where the gen 3 glock molds were worn out and the Gen 4 sucked dick as did the m&p 1.0. For a Johnny come lately they did pretty good in that respect.

How so? I'm a huge HK fan, but this is basically nothing more than a Sig Cross or Uintah Precision setup (according to the diagrams above)...

Upper/lower wobble has zero to do with accuracy, only serves to take ignorant folks from their money with items such as the wedge.
Any reasonable person would say there's a difference between HK research, manufacturing and quality control and sig, etc.
While the bolt gun may not be entering into an untapped market, it's another offering that adds to the choices for folks.

We will see what comes out and how it performs in the field. One thing to remember-they aren't going after the "PRS" crowd with this gun, some of you are thinking of this gun that way.

Am I saving my money-no, will I buy one when they get out-sure I will figure it out, right now I'm looking at my first Origin receiver and doing an old school twist with BDL set up-just need to locate that stuff for .223.

it's 1/2 the comments on any hk post or forum to ever exist (since the sp5 release). we all universally agree - we need mp7

So like, 20 people?

The MP7 is a cool little gun, and there definitely seems to be a fan base for it. I'm just not sure if there's a broader market appeal that would make tooling up and dedicating production for it worthwhile for HK.

Reactions: Cody S
4k in 2024 funny money ain't shit baby. that actually just buys you a prs rifle. welcome to bidens America. My last target rifle cost 4k and I had to screw it together myself IKEA style. I'm building a 22lr target rifle that will at least come in at 3k at it really is a budget build to rule them all.
HK gonna be 5 digits for starters.

Yay? Sorry but don't see anything exciting there. Will wait to be excited until something hits the street and see if it's worth the excitement or just another $5000 European rifle. LOL
Agreed

I have been down this road before with HK. I'll play the waiting game and not be disappointed when nothing exciting comes of it.

Reactions: kthomas and dms416
Well, they better put up a strong pedigree at that point, as they have zero experience with building a bolt gun worth that kind of coin. Although, I never underestimate the zeal of HK afficionados

Ironic they were intent on the insanely complex g11 but their only foray into bolts was the BASR and they slapped their name on some one else’s work.

Reactions: Nik H