HK91, have a big box of parts

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    Don't know squat about them, other than I have a big box of parts (and lot's of them). Marked .308. Anyone know where I can get a parts diagram?

May be able to swap some parts out!

Will try and post pics tomorrow.

Re: HK91, have a big box of parts

chart2.gif

Thanks for the info fellas. Yep, 10-4 on the FAL.

Hopefully I can assembly one up, and or get close enough to only have to order a couple parts (if it is even possible)?

The diagram above posted by E.P. should be the right one.
    It looks like the bolt carrier++ and a handful of small parts are missing, but it should be relatively easy to come by those over there, as several companies makes aftermarket stuff that "should" fit.
    My experience with those babies is limited to the original H&K with 3 settings on the safety knob.
    To compare it to the M16 an its variants, and the current H&K416 that almost completely have replaced it, is kinda apples to oranges as the scenarios have changed over the years since it was implemented as the main combat rifle over here, back then (late 60s,early 70s) the choice of caliber and rifle made very good sense, and that is still one of my top favorites.
    The punch, reliability and accuracy it packs, that has made it "famous" and feared not least in the middle east over the years, is excellent.
    The only major drawback imho is the lack of a built-in Picatinny-rail (although a genuine H&K claw mount is never wrong) but the stock iron sights (with the rear "drum") would allow for very good precision to at least 300+ yds shooting controlled SA.
    Its relatively light and that means FA is kinda interesting, shooting strings of more than 3-5 rounds would be ineffective as the rest would most likely go high, in situations other than very controlled FA at the range... compared to the M4 or 416, that are extremely manageable even when dumping whole mags downrange, the G3 does not call for that kind of ammo consumption
    wink.gif

Today it would,equipped with current optics and other gadgets, fit the role as an SDM rifle perfectly,imho.

Just a little nostalgic ranting
    wink.gif

Good luck on your build, hope it works out for you and you shoot some nice pics for us, thats one heck of a rifle once its set up.

John - out

yes you've got a mixed batch of parts, some fal parts like the 2 bolt carriers, gas rod and charging handle plus some other small parts. would you be interested in selling some of your 91 parts doubles?

You've got several grip frames, a few of which appear to have complete trigger groups You have a two stage recoil buffer(the one with the shroud in the lower center of the first pic. That's a keeper. The bolt carriers are for FAL's.

What I don't see is a bolt and carrier (and firing pin a spring), and a good butt stock. The thumbhole would work. and no flash hider. Otherwise it looks like at least one complete rifle could be assembled with these eatra parts. It looks like you need a small pin for the foreend to mount, but you have the two pins for the butt. You'll also need a rear sight and a grip

Looks like the top upper would be one of the Kalifornia models that have the flash hider removed. I think those were the HK-911 that had the last 1 stamped all crappy like after the 91 so it would be Kalifornia legal. That would go along with the lower stock that takes care of the "evil" pistol grip that makes it act all on its own as a death machine that Kalifornia calls an assault weapon.

I see the cocking handle is inch and I need some inch parts for a Brit Enfield lower I picked up. The carriers are ok too.
    I'm waiting on Gunner75 to check back.

That's an nice assortment of parts. You should be able to put together a rifle with a little bit of work. They have seen service with many nations and continue to give good use. Rather than purchasing new rifles the Norwegian Army has updated their G-3s. Here's a photo for inspiration.

398px-Norwegian_AG-3.jpg

Fellas, sorry for the PM issue. Cannot cut loose of anything at this time. I will post as soon as something comes up.

Thanks,
    Wade

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kmussack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They've replaced the G-3's with H&K 416's
    </div></div>

Thanks for the update. I figured they would have gone with the G-36. Interesting.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He_Shoot _Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Splean,

Do you know where I can get that stock and forearm?

Thanks,

-Pat</div></div>

Pat, check out this site for you H&K needs. They carry a wide variety of parts, aftermarket and government issue.

Cheers