Hunting & Fishing HOG DOGGIN

Tikkad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Abilene texas
alright so it seems like there are some others out there. I'd like to know just how many there are. and where everyone is.

I run 16 dogs on and off in North West Texas.

I would love to get in touch with some others and maybe talk about different techniques.

Re: HOG DOGGIN

I dont keep a pack but have a good friend that does. The best luck we have had is at night on the ranch putting the dogs on a rack about 2-3' off of the ground with a 2 of the best dogs on the hood. when we would cross a fresh track the bay dogs would take off and either strike or not. If we ever heard a bark we would turn loose a couple more bay dogs and the bull dogs. generally 4 good bay dogs plus a couple of young dogs and 1-2 catch dogs depending on what we had with us.

It sure is a rush.

Re: HOG DOGGIN

right we do the same kindof thing here in TX. well either put them on the front rack of my jeep. or just road em. and follow behind our 2 best nosed bay dogs. if they both catch a sent well throw a couple more bay dogs out kill the engine wait for that beautiful bark. start running get close cut the catch dogs loose. and its on from then