Hogue stock with full aluminum bed block

Randoman5

Minuteman
Jul 29, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm new on here so go easy on me, but I've been thinking for a while about getting my first long range rifle and I've decided on the Remington 700 AAC-SD.

I've been reading everything I can about this rifle and I've determined that the Hogue Pillar bedded stock that it comes with is a major liability due to contact between the stock and the barrel.

I was pretty disappointed when I heard about this because while I was fondling the rifle at the store I really liked the gummy grippy feel of the Hogue stock. A little looking drew me to this

http://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Rubber-Molde...ed+block+700+SA

It's the same stock with a full aluminum bedding sort of like a Bell and Carlson stock.

My question is: Does anyone have any experience with this stock? Does it solve the problems with the stock that comes with the rifle?

Re: Hogue stock with full aluminum bed block

It's not a real full length bedding block (in the sense that it does not extend the whole length of the rifle). It goes from the action all the way forward to the swivel studs.

This stock will eliminate barrel/stock contact; however, it has it's own unique problem when you're shooting in really hot weather.

The stock will soften up. I don't know whether it's actually twisting or whether it's just perceived movement, but it was an uneasy feeling. I was shooting steel so I can't comment on whether it affected accuracy or not.

Re: Hogue stock with full aluminum bed block

If you like the feel of the stock then just use it. My SPS 308 shoots. 50-.60 groups consistently with the hogue stock on it.