Holosun 507k w/nvg’s

Yes you can see the dot. NVGs are image intensifiers so unless you have aviation goggles, they will intensify pretty much the whole visible spectrum very well, and especially red into NIR.

It will bloom in normal brightness levels and be hard to aim with. Read the manual, switch from auto into manual mode and select one of the bottom 2 (IIRC for the 507c) bright levels.

On this unit the bottom two levels should be NVG safe, but auto-brightness won't use these two so you have to go manual. In them, you /should/ see a moderately clear dot as long as the NOD is focused reasonably far out.

Ive been doing a decent amount of handgun RDS shooting with NV lately. The holosuns Ive been using are mainly 508 and 509 but it works really well. In fact I prefer the holosun halo dot reticle for NV because of the clear reticle it presents. Plain dot works too just fine but if I can I swap reticles for NV stuff, nice as its distinct from others using lasers etc. Ive been running dual with the panobridge and overall like it alot. I focus the tubes for 20-25 yards ish or so maybe further and its been working well for work and training. Image is clear and dot is crisp as well and with proper presentation is right in your image.

Reactions: shoobe01
I've used the 507c with the ACSS Vulcan reticle. I'm not sure how comparable it is to the 507k, but whatever glass is used in the 507c doesn't have the greatest low light transmission. To see the target clearly through one tube, I need to hit it with an IR illuminator (not super intense, just a Surefire Vampire light).

However, I have no trouble seeing the 507c reticle. With dual tubes it's not too bad even without the illuminator, since one tube picks up the reticle, and the other picks up the target. I have to adjust the focus on the tubes a bit from my usual setting to get the clearest picture of the reticle, since the reticle image is meant to appear to be something like 25 meters away, and I usually set my focus a little bit farther out than that. It's not a huge difference.

Reactions: shoobe01