• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors holster for 1911 w light

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka
i went back 52 weeks, plenty of 1911 stuff. ok i know the safariland 5187 is one and its $40 in the dillon blue press catalog. someone gave me this link for sidearmor and they are pretty nice. any one know of others? i also have a galco for the 1911 with the light off. thats leather. these two with lights are plastic (kydex i imagine) and i was wondering if there were any made of leather out there? thanks

here is sidearmor's link

Re: holster for 1911 w light

Axe, Galco makes a leather one also for a 1911 with a light on it. It looks just like the one you have for your 1911 but it has the space for the light. It only has the single snap, so its not a " duty holster" like I use for my Glock 21 with a TLR-2 for work.

here is bladetech

http://www.blade-tech.com/Holsters-w-Tactical-Light-c-280.html

and here is galco kinda bulky looking but i guess with leather, you gotta expect that

http://www.usgalco.com/ViewLargePic.asp?LargePic=Halo-In-use.jpg&ProductSKU=HLO212B]

hey if you guys have pictures, feel free to post stuff. this is meant to be informative. i cant be the only one that wants something for this application. for me i keep the kimber/tlr-1 handy with a mag light also. but when i hear something outside that the dogs get riled up over i want to be able to have this secure after i get outside. pretty much for open carry on my property in my case

Raven Concealment makes a good kydex holster for pistols w/lights.

Don Hume has (or had) a pancake type leather holster, I think with a thumbreak, for pistols w/lights but I've not seen one in person yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Raven Concealment makes a good kydex holster for pistols w/lights.</div></div>

Not to thread-drift too much, but it's just "okay." Their IWB arrangement with the wings and the rubber belt loops leaves a helluva lot to be desired. Now I only use it OWB, and even there it's marginal. The only reason that I bought from them is that nobody else wanted to accommodate an HK45 with a TLR2.

for me this is a holster for walking around my yard and home with the kimber and a tlr-1 and not really a concealment. since i lost my ass apparently i gotta wear a belt and cinch it tight just to keep the pants up and extra weight and a loose belt could flop my goods out at the least opportune moment. i just want to be able to holster it when i get out in the yard and need both hands for whatever.

here is ravens offerings

http://www.themalabarfront.com/index.php?cPath=82_85_92]

and don hume. could not find one but thats not to say they dont make one.

honestly the lowest priced so far was the safariland and thats a simple vacuum wrapped kydex, which is great. its a little funny to see others that are essentially the same so much more.

now i like the side armor. that looks like it has a bit more thought/effort. nothing against them as them may be fine, but you gotta wonder how raven is so much more than a safariland? they look kinda rough. for me i will get safariland or sidearmor i think. keep posting stuff as you guys find them

I bought my dad a set of Tactical Suspenders. He has the same issue with his ass. He lost it some years back, and cant find it. He goes Tactical Suspenders/belt when he carries. You do what you gotta do! JPG

i think my ass is hiding under my belly, lol. plus to get a big pistol out of inside the waistband you gotta have loose pants. maybe the perp will be too busy laughing at my pants around my ankles to get steady and i will have the advantage, lol

I have a very nice belt holster with thumbsnap from Erik Little at Rafter L Gunleather for my Colt 1911 with Dawson rail. He told me after he made mine that he was probably not going to make any more for Dawson rail guns, due to not having a pattern gun to use when boning the leather. He may have a pattern gun for other guns, you might want to look on his website and give him a call. His leather work is absolutely on a par with the best I have seen, and he is very good about responding to questions.

Mark Garrity at Garrity's Gunleather might be another source. I am waiting for a holster, mag pouch and belt from Mark. He will probably make you a holster for anything he can find a pattern for. I haven't had an opportunity to handle any of Mark's products yet, but he gets very good reviews on 1911 Forums.

You will have to wait a while to get anything from either of these guys, because they are both very busy, but I think the quality will be worth it to you.

C Rusty Sherrick makes a nice leather one: I own a couple of his holsters. Excellent quality and customer service.

20k6i6f.jpg

I like Galco for leather (cc), Blade Tech for guns w/ lights. Theyre very well constructed, offer a perfect fit, and the plastic is very strong. You want to protect the light from taking abuse in case you hit the floor, wall, or have to get in and out of vehicles.
On Blade Tech, go with tek lok attachment.

I don't know if anyone said anything about it, but horsehide lasts a helluva lot longer than cowhide. In buying one horsehide holster you might avoid buying two, three, or even more cowhide ones to cover the same time period of use.

i have the Raven holster with a light and it really is tight to the body making concealing a full size 1911 with a light a lot easier. I had problems before with the SERPA light bearing because it stuck out too much and I had to weak a thick jacket to really conceal it. The Raven is so much better.

for me what had happened was on occasions i need to go into my fenced back yard and see what the dogs are barking at. now this isnt a high crime area per se, but once the cops caught someone hiding in my bronco. heli overhead lighting up the yard, three patrol cars and officers with shotguns and the canine unit. oh and then there was that dead body in the neighbors yard. oh and the time the cops were in the front yard using my tree as a screen while they covered the house next door and went in with the canine unit.

lol, really. so when i go outside i take my kimber with a tlr-1 and i want something easy to snap on or clip to a belt as i may be wearing sweats or something

I bought the Galco Halo last week. I've not worn it much yet but it's more concealable than I expected. I think it's going to be a good open-carry type of field holster as well.

I actually passed up Raven Holsters when I found Dan Hillsman at Hillsman Holster Co. I got an amazing holster for my HK45C with a TLR. Best money ever spent.