• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hopefully starting a trainer

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
My marlin is disappointing me, so Im thinking about picking up a mkII.....again, I know I have a thread for this, but oh well.

So I want to get a Savage mkII fv. I love the acu trigger on the savages. The bull barrel is nice, but I dont like the stock. Who makes replacement stocks that are laminated wood? I know if I get one like that, Ill mess it up.

Optics- What should I get? Id like something with mil dot and target turrets. For a 22, a lot of things might work. Ive narowed it down to a few, but I can never make up my mind.

Re: Hopefully starting a trainer

almost the same question:REFERING TO THIS THREAD.....SCROLL AROUND

lot's of scope choices from the cheap but usable centerpoint at walmart for 69.00 to a nikon buckmaster, to anything the "big brother rifles" have. really depends on your budget and what you want to accomplish (tacticalish or purty, if an actual trainer to your centerfire, the rifle that bests matches the fit and function of your centerfire, etc.).

i'd post the few optics that you've narrowed it down to so we can give some opinions on what you like, otherwise this'll turn into another "which optic is better" pissing match

the savage have a new line of mkii with tactical type synthetic and wood stocks coming out
new mkii's

you can order a factory laminate from savage, or do some internet search for savage mkii replacement stocks, there's some out there, but not many.

Shay,

What about the Savage MK II-BTV

http://www.savagearms.com/markiibtv.htm

Natchez has the Tasco 6-24x42 Target/Varmint Mil-Dot scope for $69.00 dollars and some change. EGW has a 20 MOA Scope Base for this BTV. The rifle also has studs for sling and bipod.

Just an option over trying to find a new stock for a MK II-FV and the BTV is the same barrel. By the time you buy a new stock for the FV you'll have at least the difference invested in an FV I bet?

I may just find out how to bed it and camo the crap out of it. HAve a camo srock adn have the action and barrel painted od green.