• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hornady classic press issues

Pilotscrappy

Winter is coming
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2018
Spring Hill,Tn
Anyone else using the classic single stage press from. Hornady? Mine wobbles pretty significantly if I move the press arm side to side. I've noticed the ram also wobbles as well.
I can't see any obvious adjustments to tighten it up it looks like just a circular ram held in by c clips. Do you think this is an issue I can fix myself? Or is it a big enough deal to call hornady for a replacement? The press is only a few months old. I'll post a link of the video showing what I'm talking about.

Hornady press

I have the same press. Checked it just now and it does the same thing. I’ve had it 10 years and reloaded thousands of rounds on it. Never noticed until now. It should work just fine

I watched the video twice and it appears the wobble is in the linkage below the ram. If there is any wobble in the ram itself you might have a problem, however that doesn't look to be the case. All of my Rockchuckers do the same thing. I think you're O.K.

Yea most of wobble is th3 linkage. The ram moves side to side a tiny bit. But nothing like the linkage below.

I actually just did a deep cleaning on the press and oiled and lube it and it seems to be operating like a new press. The wobble is only there if I intentionally induce it.

I'm thinking it's fine as the press makes good consistent accurate ammo.

Thx for the input guys.

I noticed the gap that my Hornady single press has and I found out that two of my quick release clamps broke. fortunately, the replacement of this part no. 044095 solved it, and everything is as good as new without any problems

Attachments

• 20241002_173308.jpg
    20241002_173308.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20241002_173340.jpg
    20241002_173340.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 3