How does AB calculate zero changes in Barometric pressure?

Chukwithak

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2022
California
I'm used to 4DOF which takes in the environment when you zero. This makes sense to me because if I the BM decreases the air is thinner and ballistics will change.

AB I have seen say that your zero at 100 yards will not be affected at 100 yard zero's. Ok I understand that. 100 yards is minute. But if I take that zero and extend it to 1000 yards at a different pressure, thats going change things right?

Now I understand that AB should be able to take into all of the data at a current location to predict the changes (bullet,speed,AP,etc) but it does not know my zero.

Am I over thinking this?

Also, does the paid app assist with Kestrel w/AB or Vortex Fury or is it mostly a standalone app?

TYIA

I'm used to 4DOF which takes in the environment when you zero. This makes sense to me because if I the BM decreases the air is thinner and ballistics will change.

AB I have seen say that your zero at 100 yards will not be affected at 100 yard zero's. Ok I understand that. 100 yards is minute. But if I take that zero and extend it to 1000 yards at a different pressure, thats going change things right?

Now I understand that AB should be able to take into all of the data at a current location to predict the changes (bullet,speed,AP,etc) but it does not know my zero.

Am I over thinking this?

Also, does the paid app assist with Kestrel w/AB or Vortex Fury or is it mostly a standalone app?

TYIA
I challenged you to mess with it at different density, altitudes temperature ranges, pressure changes and all that stuff and see if you zero even changes it will not. A 100 yard zero is used for the main reason that everything is a dial up if you use anything else, then your zero environmentals matter and it’s not as easy to predict.

Reactions: Chukwithak