• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

How is this legal?

Didn't China "steal" battery tech from A123 basically putting the American company out of business.

Now we get "Belt and Road" here.

Read about Massachusetts issues on the Boston public transportation system due to buying Chinese sub cars.

We are being sold the fuck out.

Didn't China "steal" battery tech from A123 basically putting the American company out of business.

Read about Massachusetts issues on the Boston public transportation system due to buying Chinese sub cars.

A123 couldn't find their ass with both hands...that is why they went out of business

Reactions: pmclaine
Don't know the full story.

Thought it was in Obama times that their tech "somehow" ended up in China and I remember them going out.
They made horrible batteries that had more issues that I can recount. Their "technology" wasn't worth stealing.

They were one of the only US companies that tried to make batteries. That got them in the news.

Reactions: pmclaine
They made horrible batteries that had more issues that I can recount. Their "technology" wasn't worth stealing.

They were one of the only US companies that tried to make batteries. That got them in the news.
I worked on the project for the company that supplied A123 the raw material. I was there from research to going full production. I was eventually laid off due to A123's failure. I am curious as to what you know happened on A123's end. On our end it was rumored that A123 had a robotic welder on it's production line that created a $50,000,000 recall. A123 couldn't afford and bankrupted. That led to the Chinese buying it during the Obama technology sell out years and being renamed B456. Once A123 was closed, it killed our project as they were our main buyer and we were still struggling the infant years of being a new buisness unit.

Last edited:
I worked on the project for the company that supplied A123 the raw material. I was there from research to going full production. I was eventually laid off due to A123's failure. I am curious as to what you know happened on A123's end.
I have no idea about the inner workings of the company.

We tried several batteries utilizing their nano-phosphate technology in an electric vehicle that we were developing. We had nothing but trouble with the packs consistency and reliability. The Fisker issues that they had effectively removed them from further consideration.

The technology, in my opinion, wasn't ready for prime time.

I have no idea about the inner workings of the company.

We tried several batteries utilizing their nano-phosphate technology in an electric vehicle that we were developing. We had nothing but trouble with the packs consistency and reliability. The Fisker issues that they had effectively removed them from further consideration.

The technology, in my opinion, wasn't ready for prime time.
Fisker issues?

My opinion, (we all know what that is worth), our woke companies have been giving away their knowledge to the Chinese for years. I worked under some young Chinese engineers on research projects. They all had plans to go back and were very brainwashed in the "serve the home country" thought. They were very young and impressionable. It baffled me that we were allowing them into our companies on the deepest levels of propriatary knowledge.
One of them we called Tony because no one could pronounce his real name. His parents were farmers in his homeland. I also farmed. So during harvest, he and his wife came out and rode the combine. He was amazed that I did more work in one hour than his father could get done in a year. Actually nice people, just victims of coming from an oppressive government.

I missed an opportunity to ask them about Tienaman Square.

Fisker issues?
Nothing to do with Fisker.

They just didn't work as well or as consistently as some of their competitors packs.

The ability that they had to innovate was impressive but just because you are a technology visionary doesn't mean you are able to lead a company to scale to production and maintain your competitive advantage

That is also putting lives here in direct jeopardy. Chinese built electric train rolling stock and buses and elevators are known to catch fire without warning during routine operation, and there are numerous casualties from these incidents already over there. Chinese and Indian e-bike rack batteries being charged overnight also have started several fatal building fires here in NYC. These things are turning living and work spaces into deathtraps.

Reactions: Shanghai McCoy
That is also putting lives here in direct jeopardy. Chinese built electric train rolling stock and buses and elevators are known to catch fire without warning during routine operation, and there are numerous casualties from these incidents already over there. Chinese and Indian e-bike rack batteries being charged overnight also have started several fatal building fires here in NYC. These things are turning living and work spaces into deathtraps.
The situation in NYC has many underlying reasons.
  1. People buy the cheapest products - You want a quality e-bike that has gone through necessary safety certification testing for its electrical system and batteries? Guess what, you'll be paying multiples over what the incompetent bike OEMs charge.
  2. People are using aftermarket charging modules that are not tailor made for the pack that they are charging. None of them have gone through safety certification testing.
  3. People are charging batteries on circuits with a million other devices plugged into them. Overloaded circuits are part of the problem.
You get what you pay for. The fatalities are tragic but are difficult to address. Guess what NYC and FDNY are doing. They are petitioning the CPSC to drive much stronger regulations. I don't disagree that stronger regulations are necessary but having the Government provide oversight is not the way to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Why should she have to disclose why? Anyone above room temp can see she signed it so she can get rich and powerful by selling out America.