• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes How many MOA per revolultion in M24 & M40 optics..

BigBrother

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2007
New England
Hey all. Very researchable question, I admit, but figured some on here would know almost instantaneously
smile.gif

How many MOAs are in a turret revolution for the Leupold M3 that sits atop the M24, and the Unertls that were on the M40s?

Thanks,
BB

Re: How many MOA per revolultion in M24 & M40 optics..

Can't help you with the Unertls, but, assuming that you're talking about the original fixed-power M3A for the M24, the one with no MOA marks at all, just the BDC, the dial has at least 48 MOA on it, because the BDC dial for the M118LR is marked to that setting.

Awesome guys- and now I finally understand what that 2-knob setup is for- seems like it's similar to the Match sights on M1As- 1 MOA adjustment on elevation but a ring around the aperture that can "bump" it by 1/2 MOA.

Now for the M24... anyone?

Wow, must have been a case of the Mondays. Either it didn't show up in the browser or my eyes glazed right over it. Nope, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks gents!