• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

How will a SBR (11.5") with a mid-length gas system shoot? (Noveske)

LilGucci

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2019
I've had my eye on an upper from Noveske for quite some time. It is their Irregular Defense Chainsaw (Slade's gun). One has come up for sale. It is a 11.5inch barrel, but it has a mid-length gas system. Do any of you have any experience shooting such a short barrel with a mid-length gas system? Is that even enough dwell time to cycle reliably? Suppressed?

My friend tells me it'll likely be a very soft shooter but I don't know. Just thought I'd see if any of you have any experience with such a setup.

Reactions: Pinecreekboy
I just picked up a 10.5" Carbine gassed SBR LWRC DI, and it shoots flawlessly suppressed and unsurpressed but even with the low back pressure Lazarus 6 it's still kicking back a fair amount of gas in my face. I pulled the pinned gas block and installed a SA AGB and put it in Bleed off mode, aslo installed the Silencerco charging handle and now it's a smooth lady.

Reactions: LilGucci
I just picked up a 10.5" Carbine gassed SBR LWRC DI, and it shoots flawlessly suppressed and unsurpressed but even with the low back pressure Lazarus 6 it's still kicking back a fair amount of gas in my face. I pulled the pinned gas block and installed a SA AGB and put it in Bleed off mode, aslo installed the Silencerco charging handle and now it's a smooth lady.
I think this Noveske is a low profile gas block. I'll probably switch over to a AGB if it is gassy. I haven't tried the Silerncerco CH but I'll definitely look into it.