Gunsmithing HS PST006-short action M24 stock

mark5pt56

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
Nov 20, 2005
Florida
HS has a short action version of the original M24 stock which was LA with a magazine spacer to allow SA usage.(if you didn't know by chance) I was thinking over doing a loose copy utilizing this stock, either finding an older 700 action or just going with a modern 700 platform and M24 profile barrel. While I should've found one of those Eurooptic loose copies, unless there's a good deal, not worth paying through the nose from some re seller. Although you never know what you may find in regards to the whole rifle for sale for a decent rate.
Question is, does anyone make steel hinged floor plate assemblies or were the M24 aluminum? My guess is that any one of the decent hinged floor plate assemblies work with the above, drop in?

The long action set up with the short action mag block and .308 bolt face would be ideal as it would allow me to re create what I was issued long ago with an old school Leupold M3 (LEO) But the SA would be fine. The LA parts may be harder to source.

Please-the question is reference the hinged floor plate assemblies-not why I want one or why not a DBM.

Last edited:
Look up and call Sunny Hill Enterprises for SS hinged floor-plates (BDL style). They can assist you with selecting the right model for your application.