Hunting Rifle Arca and Mlok

YotaEer

Montani Semper Liberi
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
Nov 3, 2019
Pittsburgh
I currently have an arca compatible tripod and m lok compatible bipod that I use on my AR with mlok rail. I simply added an arca to m lok plate on the rail to use both.

I’m looking at getting Tikka CTR 6.5 CM and using it as a hunting rifle and I do not want to add unnecessary weight (or cost) but still use both accessories.

Is my best option to just drop the BA into a KRG bravo? I found that area 419 makes arca rails that easily connect to “hunting” type stocks. Any other suggestions?

I just put a short ARCA plate in front of my mag well for tripod shooting. I have a short pic rail up front for my bipod. If the bipod weren't pic, I would also put another short ARCA plate up there. It was just one of the generic plates that are made for cameras. I used the t-nuts for it, just like pic rails.

I don't need the full rail for hunting, or the weight. And, as steady as the tripod is, I have thought about just pulling the pic rail and leaving the bipod at home. Tripod seated shots are much more likely, and almost as effective for me. I can go also go prone with my tripod.

Reactions: YotaEer
I just put a short ARCA plate in front of my mag well for tripod shooting. I have a short pic rail up front for my bipod. If the bipod weren't pic, I would also put another short ARCA plate up there. It was just one of the generic plates that are made for cameras. I used the t-nuts for it, just like pic rails.

I don't need the full rail for hunting, or the weight. And, as steady as the tripod is, I have thought about just pulling the pic rail and leaving the bipod at home. Tripod seated shots are much more likely, and almost as effective for me. I can go also go prone with my tripod.

I’ve also found that once I went to a tripod, I rarely ever use the bipod except for bench shooting at the range.

Did your arca rail near your mag well just screw on by you drilling new holes? Sorry for the newb questions. Any pics available and what rifle do you have it on?

PM sent with a video of my rifle. Here is a screen shot.

I drilled and mounted it just like this.

I put it in front of the mag well, outside of the balance point, because I wanted to be in front of the recoil lug a bit. It is a little tail heavy, but not by much. I finished the rifle only a couple months before the hunt, and had load dev and other prep. So, I just used what I had and didn't think too much about it.

I am considering making my own rail that would use the front action screw and be about 4 or 5 inches long. I am not convinced about using the action screw though. I am still pondering it. Eventually, I will also bed the ARCA base with epoxy once I have what I want permanently.

1584735065146.png

Like @hereinaz mentioned above, I run a shorter Arca towards the midpoint and a shorter Pic rail up front.

Once I upgrade my crappy bipod to a nicer one, I'll probably run a full length Arca. This works well for now though. Plus I can run my Magnetospeed on the Pic rail, which is super handy, since it's on the rail there's no shift so I run it a lot.

1584736703700.png

I put a short pict rail on rifle that weighs nothing and isn't in the way
everyone sells one. super easy to install

then I put this adapter on my tripod. its a nifty adapter that works for many applications. esp us that have tons of old pict stuff.

GL
DT

I put a short pict rail on rifle that weighs nothing and isn't in the way
everyone sells one. super easy to install

then I put this adapter on my tripod. its a nifty adapter that works for many applications. esp us that have tons of old pict stuff.

GL
DT

This actually a great idea. I have extra m lok to Picatinny adapters and could add one to my AR easily

Saw this post and realized that I have questions as well. :)
I have a Savage .308 in an XLR chassis with an MLOK forend.
Atlas bipods have been recommended to me, but I don't know anything about ARCA rails.

Would I simply be adding an ARCA rail with MLOK attachments to the forend?

Saw this post and realized that I have questions as well. :)
I have a Savage .308 in an XLR chassis with an MLOK forend.
Atlas bipods have been recommended to me, but I don't know anything about ARCA rails.

Would I simply be adding an ARCA rail with MLOK attachments to the forend?

does the atlas have an arca adapter or is it the standard pic rail clamp?

If it’s the standard pic rail clamp, all you need is a small pic rail to MLok section.

Magpul M-LOK Polymer Picatinny Accessory Rail, 5 Slots https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTZ5738/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_.lmcGbEFMQ0BS