Rifle Scopes Hunting scope for Mauser M18 6.5 PRC ideas?

slkzic

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2010
    Maine
    I have a Mauser M18 in 6.5 PRC inbound and I’m treating it as a budget buy/hunting rifle (Moose, Deer and Black Bear) for the wife would like to keep it lighter weight (under 30 oz) shorter length (around 14”) and below $1000. I have been looking at different glass to put on it and have sort of narrowed it down to in no particular order.
    Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50mm Mil $599.00 at midway right now which seems like A steal. I haven’t looked through one but from all I’ve read it has nice glass. It checks a lot of boxes for me.

Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44mm impact 29 or firedot. Core Pricing

ZEISS Conquest V4 4-16 or 6-24x50mm ZMOAi-1. $500 ish as I have $600 in Cabela’s gift cards.

I’ve looked at both the Leupold and ZEISS at my neighborhood cabelas and thought they were pretty equal in glass clarity and the turrets were both ok. I haven’t bought a second focal plane scope in years but could live with it for hunting or target shooting out to 1000 or so. Mil or MOA I lean toward Mils FFP but MOA SFP isn’t a problem either.

Ideas? Am I missing anything? Ares ERT is too heavy and long. PST2 5-25x to long
    Thanks

The glass in the Ares BTR is nice. It's better than the SWFA 3-15 for sure. I wouldn't go so far as to put it up against most + $1000 scopes.

I haven't looked through those other scopes you mentioned so no comment.

Value and feature wise that Ares BTR for the sale price is fantastic. What you'll likely appreciate most is a well balanced .2 mil reticle that is about the perfect all around thickness for a, do - most things well, reticle.

Reactions: slkzic
    The $250.00 off on the Ares BTR Riflescopes is an Athlon promotion that begins this Friday and runs through the month of March. We are accepting pre-orders on this special on both the Ares BTR 4.5-27x50's (MIL or MOA) for $599.99 or the Ares BTR 2.5-15x50's (MIL or MOA) for only $549.99. Please feel free to give us a call, 516-217-1000, to get in on this great deal