Suppressors Hybrid 46 vs Omega 300

Powder_Burns

Shoutbox Veteran
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 4, 2009
    Colorado
    So I already have an Omega 300 and plan on adding another can to the stable. My Omega is in another state and rather than transporting it over here I’m going to purchase an additional can. I recently acquired another .308 win, so I am debating getting another Omega or a Hybrid 46 to see double duty on my .458 socoms. However I can’t find decibel ratings for the Hybrid 46 on a .308 win. If it is louder than the Omega then I probably won’t get it as I plan on using it on the .308 most of the time. Does anyone know or have data on noise reduction on the hybrid 46 on a 308 win? Currently have a 16” bbl.

No data but I have the hybrid and a buddy has the omega and with the 9mm endcap I really cant tell the difference when we shoot our .308s and 6.5s. For what it’s worth.

No data but I have the hybrid and a buddy has the omega and with the 9mm endcap I really cant tell the difference when we shoot our .308s and 6.5s. For what it’s worth.
    Having shot them side by side, what can you tell me about a comparison in dimensions? Silencerco’s website is useless.

I have a hybrid 46 and have been very happy with it, I've not shot it on a 308 but I have on a couple different 300 blackouts, and 9mm pistols sub and super sonic. I do not get any ringing in my ears.

Of course the Hybrid is going to be louder than your Omega 300 on .308, the Omega is already a strong performer in the .30 cal market with a relatively tight bore. The Hybrid has a much larger bore in a similar baffle, there's going to be a bit of suppression cost for the extra flexibility.

If I was looking for a .458 can I'd look at Griffin's Bushwhacker 46 as well, mostly because it can be disassembled for cleaning. If I'm shooting big bore subs I want to have the option to use cast bullets, which will leave lead deposits that are difficult to remove from a sealed can.

Last edited:
    I have both. I have shot them back to back on a 24" Tika TAC A1 6.5 Cr, a 16" .308 AR, and 14.5" and 16" 5.56 AR's. I was not metering, just shooting groups to try & discern shift & sound differences. The tone of the Hybrid is different, the shift was neglible for both & without getting real serious the shift appeared the same. My ears couldn't tell much difference in how loud they were. One of the advantages for me was the common mounting. I use the ASR & have had no issues, but I am extremely cautious when mounting to ensure they are properly locked.

Silencerco lists 7.62 rating at 136.4 dB so I’m assuming they’re referring to .308 Winchester. I have they hybrid and run it on a 6.5 Creedmoor and have been very satisfied with it, especially for the versatility the can provides.