• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

I cant find a scope

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2009
Western WA
Guys,
I need some help finding a scope for my light/middle weight 10/22.

10/22 components:
Houge stock
LW Kidd barrel, threaded to receiver
Undecided on trigger/action parts

Scope criteria:
Matching reticle & turrets
16x or more power
Must focus below 25 meters
Lit reticle big +

I'm stumped. Can it be done?

-Toyz

Re: I cant find a scope

Those criteria fall into the high end scopes, or at least the ones I am familiar with such as S&B, NF and such. Why do you need 16X for 10/22?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrtoyz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,
I need some help finding a scope for my light/middle weight 10/22.

10/22 components:
Houge stock
LW Kidd barrel, threaded to receiver
Undecided on trigger/action parts

Scope criteria:
Matching reticle & turrets
16x or more power
Must focus below 25 meters
Lit reticle big +

I'm stumped. Can it be done?

-Toyz </div></div>

Sightron 10-50

Why 16x?
22 holes are really tiny
smile.gif

Seriously though, as well as a "field gun", I want to punch paper out to 100y.

Found this…
Millet 4-16x50 TRS-1
SFP
.1 mil/mil-dot
locking turrets
illumination
30mm tube
I think it focuses too 15yards (I'll call tomorrow to make sure)
$300...

Complete specs are tough to find, Millets website sucks.
I expect the glass to be questionable, it's 16.4" and its stupid heavy (29.5oz).... but...its kind of intriguing.

I've owned a Falcon 4-14. It was ok but no illum and only focuses to 25yards.

Sighton would work if it was a benchrest gun
wink.gif

-T

I'm at a similar impasse. I want 14x or so and the ability to parallax under 50 yards with Mill dots or something for less than $600. So far about all I can find is some of the bushnell elites. Maybe a zeiss conquest.

Holy crap March 8-80... You guys really are screwing with me!

The more I look the more I get pissed off... these companies websites SUCK!

Weaver 4-16 I like. No good info on the site.
Simmons interesting. Dont even see it listed on their site.
I like the Vortex line especially the PST's but they only focus down to 50 yards. Wont work.

Jeepo, serious look into the Millet 4-16 TRS-1 I mentioned above. It fits the bill perfectly. Only big drawback is the size and weight for a 22.

-Y

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BravoSector1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex Viper 6-24x50...mildot...SWFA....$99. </div></div>

Pretty sure its the Crossfire, not the Viper, but yes it's a good deal. The 4-16x50 30mm is 32% off right now at SWFA. I got one a few weeks ago and have been running it on my MkII .22lr with great success. It tracks well and I can easily see 22 holes at 100 yds. We'll see how this works in the long run, but so far I'm pretty happy, and being that it was less than $150 and the Vortex VIP warranty and excellent CS included, it's not much of a risk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BravoSector1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex Viper 6-24x50...mildot...SWFA....$99.</div></div>

No way is there a Viper for $99. But congratulations, you made me look.

I use a leupold vx3 EFR 6.5-20 target. 40mm bell. They are built for 22 bench rest. I use them on air rifles, 22 rimfire, and varmit rigs. A good all around glass. Will focus @ 10 yards or less. The only thing I am not for sure of is the retical that you want. I use a 1/8 and 1/4 moa dots in mine. They track very well and are pretty compact. No lit retical either. They run between 500 used to about 800 new.