• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Incest

JCH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Way to go voters.

Congratulations SEC.

You will be held up as a pretender by nearly everyone outside the SEC's eyes.

You accomplish and prove nothing by playing yourselves. Bowl games are supposed to be about teams from opposing conferences playing each other so fans can see how conferences stack up against each other.

I won't watch the incest happen.

The only positive to this is that it might actually kill the BCS system.

All you SEC homers save your comments I don't want to see them. You are part of the bias.

Re: Incest

Really?

Your upset because your team didn't get picked and you post this crap? The top two teams will face each other which to my understanding has been tradition for quite some time. OK State would have had NO shot at beating LSU. They are a bigger, faster, stronger team and OK State relies to heavily on turnovers for points which LSU doesn't give up a whole lot.

Bama is the best matchup for them, and the biggest crowd bringer.

We are part of the bias? Haha, if you didn't want to see our comments you should have hit the delete button instead of the submit button. Fans like you are the exact reason the championship game would have been about as entertaining as watching water boil had OK State got in there to face LSU.

I value your opinion like I value the paper I wipe my ass with.

West Virginia's offense went crazy on LSU just had too many turnovers and didn't capitalize in the red zone. The guy calling the plays at WVU came from OSU last year. We have better athletes than WVU.

You can't say OSU wouldn't give them a game. You don't know. It's your opinion.

If your team handn"t lost to IOWA ST then we would see how they would do against LSU.

The championship is about the 2 best teams playing each other. Not teams from opposing conferences

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I value your opinion like I value the paper I wipe my ass with.

West Virginia's offense went crazy on LSU just had too many turnovers and didn't capitalize in the red zone. The guy calling the plays at WVU came from OSU last year. We have better athletes than WVU.

You can't say OSU wouldn't give them a game. You don't know. It's your opinion. </div></div>

Haha, dude you have no valid arguement.

1) I do know how they would play. LSU would crush OSU. To many turnovers dont win shit, hence them losing to LSU. So what is your point? They lost, a lose is a lose wether it be by 1 point or 30.

2) The guy calling the plays obviously left for a reason...

3) The top two teams are playing, the end. OSU was not one of them. They lost to IOWA ST not LSU..... Alabama lost to the top ranked team by beating themselves on kicking. OSU could not physically play with LSU. OSU could not hang with UGA....

What a pussy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
West Virginia's offense went crazy on LSU just had too many turnovers and didn't capitalize in the red zone. The guy calling the plays at WVU came from OSU last year. We have better athletes than WVU. </div></div>

Do you even realize how stupid you sound? Seriously? So what you're saying is WVU had too many turnovers and couldn't capitalize in the red zone but other than losing they would have beat LSU? Well then by your "logic", Alabama played better than LSU and if they would have had a good kicker, would have put more points on the board and would have beaten LSU. I'm laughing at your logic right now.

And before you go calling me an SEC fan boy I played in the Pac-10. Now the truth of the matter was that wasn't my first choice. I actually had a certain coach from Stillwater named Pat Jones sit in my living room and try and convince me to go to a school in the middle of nowhere. But you know what, it was the SWC conference and at the time they were pretty bad ass. So I decided to take a trip out to check out the campus. After meeting a recent NFL draft pick named Thurman Thomas and his replacement named Barry Sanders, I decided OSU was the place for me (being an offensive lineman how can you not want to block for one of the greatest backs ever to play?) But guess what? When the NCAA pulled the scholarships from the football program my offer was pulled. Point being is I have a soft spot for Cowboy football.

But as a former player with knowledge of the game and being able to be an impartial observer, it's easy to see Bama is the right choice.

And the final note is whether you like it or not bowls, NC, BCS and anything else associated with college football is about one thing: The almighty dollar. LSU and Alabama bring millions more to the table.

The days of the Cotton, Rose, Bluebonnet, Sugar, etc. being conference championships are LONG gone. Now it's only about TV draw, souvenir revenue and ticket sales.

Now swallow your bitter pill and open your eyes.

I never said WVU should have beaten LSU. But based on WVU playing them decent OSU could play with them.

Fact: Alabama didn't win their division in the SEC.

Fact: Alabama didn't win their conference championship.

Fact: Nick Saban was one of two coaches to put OSU 4th in their poll, the other is the head coach of Stanford. He did this on purpose to try to help Alabama stay ahead of OSU.

Fact: OSU has more quality wins than Alabama.

Fact: OSU beat more teams with a .500 record than Alabama

Fact: OSU has a worse loss

Everyone says they want the college season to mean something. Well guess what. It doesn't mean shit right now. Alabama lost on their home field and didn't win their conference. The national championship should always be between teams from different conferences.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a pussy.

</div></div>

I'm a pussy because I don't buy the bullshit being spilled that only the SEC is worthy of playing in the championship game.

I agree with you. It is about the dollar. And ESPN and their talking heads wanted Alabama and LSU because of the high rating the regular season had. ESPN wanted to make a shit ton of money on advertising so they pushed the opinion that only Alabama can play with LSU.

It's bullshit.

edit: Pat Jones only coached OSU while they were in the Big 8. Never in the SWC. I'm glad you chose OSU though. Too bad boosters screwed the university without the knowledge of the school.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your logic is completely sideways. None of your reasoning makes a bit of sense.

More quality wins? NO WAY </div></div>

Alabama beat Penn State and Arkansas [auburn snuck in the BCS at 25], those are the only teams in the top 25 they beat.

Again, you don't know shit. You are a casual fan.

In reading my post, I didn't realize I put "what a pussy". I must have been on a different train of thought. I rescind the pussy accusation.

Now back to the discussion at hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm a pussy because I don't buy the bullshit being spilled that only the SEC is worthy of playing in the championship game.
</div></div>

Bullshit. You will not find anyone here who wanted Oregon to stomp the dog shit out of LSU more than I. Don't believe me? Look for the posts, they're here. No one here wanted Stanford to kick ass, Luck to win the Heisman, and Stanford v. LSU in the NC more than I. I'll argue the Pac-X (still can't call it the the Pac-12) is just as good as the SEC and we have the NC history to prove it. But since everyone is about "what happened today" and are nothing more than fair weather bandwagon fans (with some exceptions) they forget what other storied programs are out there. That's a different argument on a different day.

I agree with you. It is about the dollar. And ESPN and their talking heads wanted Alabama and LSU because of the high rating the regular season had. ESPN wanted to make a shit ton of money on advertising so they pushed the opinion that only Alabama can play with LSU.

It's bullshit. </div></div>

It is bullshit but it's here to stay until a playoff forms.

edit: Pat Jones only coached OSU while they were in the Big 8. Never in the SWC. I'm glad you chose OSU though. Too bad boosters screwed the university without the knowledge of the school.</div></div>

That's right, it's only been 20+ years and the memory is fading fast.

Look on the bright side, an SEC team will finally lose in the championship game. The weaker conferences finally complained enough so they found a way to make it happen and yet, they still aren't happy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mpmilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look on the bright side, an SEC team will finally lose in the championship game. The weaker conferences finally complained enough so they found a way to make it happen and yet, they still aren't happy.</div></div>

there is an upside I hadn't thought of.

Don't get me wrong. I think the SEC is the best conference. I just like to see it get settled on the field, not someone's opinion.

Ill be honest, Im glad my school has their shot as I believe they are the number 2 team, but I would much rather see different conferences play. It strengthens the system as a whole. But I also don't believe you should be penalized for playing in a tough conference such as Arkansas is this season.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your logic is completely sideways. None of your reasoning makes a bit of sense.

More quality wins? NO WAY </div></div>

Alabama beat Penn State and Arkansas [auburn snuck in the BCS at 25], those are the only teams in the top 25 they beat.

Again, you don't know shit. You are a casual fan. </div></div>

A casual fan? You are obviously very butt hurt about the outcome of the selections. I attended school at Alabama, I am a huge fan of the school and their athletic program.

It's done, why keep bringing it up? Or was beating the dead horse your sport of choice in school?

My thoughts are this: OSU fans have a legitimate gripe in the opinion arena. Alabama fans should be very happy with the polls. I saw the BCS computers had OSU in front of Alabama.

Lets face it if everyone on here was OSU fans, there would be a shit storm of screaming and if I were one of them I can see their point.

Personally I'd just as soon beat Alabama again as anybody!!

Cheers

The system as we know it is a beauty contest. Not a good way to decide a champion. As stated in earlier posts, college football is all about the $$$ , and anytime money is involved, fairness tends to leave the room .

I'm not so sure the playoff scenarios that are proposed really make it fair. Why should a 13-0 team in the SEC (regardless of the state it's in, lol) have to play a 2 or 3 game playoff to prove they are number one!!

So a 3 loss team can get hot and win a game!!

The playoff system scenarios I have seen is like "Little League" everybody gets to participate!!! That's horseshit!

I certainly don't have the total solution, but if you do some research on the playoff scenarios proposed, I certainly don't believe they bring anything to the table much better than what exists now.

Unless you are of the school that everybody needs to participate regardless of strength of schedule and conference. Kinda like everyone's a winner baby!!!!

If they went to a playoff system, I think a 4 team playoff, the top 4 teams at the end of the year. So this year it would have been LSU vs. Stanford and Bama vs. Ok St. The winners play each other for the NC. This way it is only a two week thing and doesn't extend the season. Just my thoughts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They need a playoffs system to really make it fair. But they have been picked and there is no amount of crying that will solve it. </div></div>

No one crying here, I've won my national championship. Played D1 ball and coached it for 12 years. I have no favorites and get a kick out of these conversations. Fun seeing people get so spun up over a game.

I see both sides of the argument: 1. two best teams play and 2. two best conferences play. Let's face it, there will be hurt feelings either way. I'm just glad there wasn't 3 or more undefeated teams like they have had in previous years.

I'm an Auburn fan and 2004 sucked for us. As I'm sure that past years for Boise State and TCU hurt too. Strength of schedule HAS to play a part or football programs could schedule anyone in order to be ranked high, and thus be in contention for the championship.

I personally feel it should be the two best teams. If the two best teams are from the Pac-10 or ACC or SEC, so be it. Those teams can't help they are in the same conference. I think the two highest ranked teams is the only way to do it. That being said, HOW they calculate the two top teams may need to be revamped to avoid sandy manginas. A play off system of the top 10 ranked teams (or whatever) might still yield the same results (i.e. two teams from the same conference).

It sucks for OSU this year. If they are a strong program (and I feel they are), they will be in the mix next year or in the years to come.

I think the national championship as a rematch is a unique occurrence this year and probably won't ever happen again. I hope Alabama wins, but I admit I am biased.

One thing to consider too about the playing the "extra game", and it's going to get worse. No one asked for a 12 team conference or an eight team conference or a 10 team conference. So if a conference "allows" more teams, those conferences are going have to deal with the ramifications, i.e. division games. Now it's going to get worse with two more teams floating into the SEC. How can they justify having 14 teams in a conference. That's ridiculous.

All OSU had to do was beat little ol' Iowa St a 3 and 6 team in their conference an all Bama had to do was beat the #1 team in the country! Please dude, bring cheese an crackers with that whine. Dagsta, I caught that trash talk BTW. LOL!

Roll Tide.

I realize Alabama passes the eye test for #2, but OSU played a tougher schedule (I am an SEC guy, but look at how many ranked teams OSU beat). I also understand the argument that OSU lost to Iowa State and Bama lost to LSU.

BUT... Bama has already lost to LSU.... at home.... with 2 weeks to prepare...

I don't think they're gonna be able to stop the honey badger on their home field...

First and foremost THERE IS NO PERFECT SOLUTION, playoffs included. No matter what solution, there will always be someone left out and someone slighted. Everyone talks about a playoff but no one ever acknowledges the cons that come with it. With the plus one that was mentioned above, Oregon would be left out and Stanford in even though they beat Stanford pretty easily. Also you would have teams that had locked up a position before the season was over, such as LSU this year, and could blow final games to save their players, and whats the last week of the season? Rivalry week. So every system has its cons and every system will hurt someone's feeling. Is the system we have now perfect? Hell no. But is a playoff leaps and bounds ahead of what we have now? I don't really think so. Maybe better but not by much.

Lastly you mention a four team playoff, at one point the SEC west was 1 2 3, how many people complain about that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya I do not understand Texas A&M coming into the SEC. They are not going to fair very well. But it will be interesting to see them make the change. </div></div>

They are doing it because to Texas and OU run the Big12 and will jump ship at the drop of a hat when the money is right, they were leading the way last year about joining the Pac 10. A&M I think will fair better than most think, should have beat Arkansas, OSU and a few others but turnovers killed them. Not saying there going to go in and start beating the likes of LSU and Bama but they have a good shot at holding their own against the others in the SEC west.

Now to the LSU Bama game. The first so called game of the century was like watching a nill/nill tie in soccer. Now I know that they have great defenses, but it also showed the complete ineptetude of both offenses. Lsu hasn't had a qb that amounted to anything since well since no one knows and Bama since Namath.
I'm going to watch the rematch only because if the tv isn't on that I will be stuck watching one of my wifes shows like the Biggest loser or some cooking show off the Food Network.

I am not a fan of the Big 12, nor the Pac 10 nor SEC.

I think the SEC is one of the strongest conferences BUT not by this huge margin that SEC fans think. Actually rescind that I'm not so sure they have the hardest conference...I think they have the 2-3 of the top 10-15 teams but overall not the hardest conference. I mean come on everyone can't considered teams like Florida, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Tennessee as top quality teams...some are decent/good but I wouldn't call them top teams...at least not this season and that is what we are talking about, not 2 yrs ago or 3 but this season. Some may argue Florida and Auburn but both were not that impressive this season and have been on the slide the last few years.

Do I think that OSU can beat LSU or Bama? Of course, OSU is a very very good team. Anyone that argues that they can't are not very intelligent or just completely biased...any team can beat any other team. I also think Wisconsin or Oregon could beat Bama or LSU (yes LSU beat Oregon but the first game of the season and it was a very very close game for most of the game). Any of the top teams in the country could beat each other any given game. Also OSU has ythe 2nd best or so offense in the country but their defense is not bad considering they play in such a spread it out and attacking conference. I think it would have been more interesting to see OSU and LSU play than a rematch of a game that was already played. To me Bama had their shot at LSU and lost...give someone else a shot that has proven they at least deserve a shot and OSU has proven that. I mean OSU was actually above Bama in most rankings I believe. OSU only fell behind Bama by 0.0086 of a point in part becuase there are some rankings that are taken into account that I think should not be ie the coaches poll. How can you include that...there is too much bias. Case in point Saban votes to put OSU 4th. If he puts them in 3rd or 2nd who knows maybe we are talking about LSU vs OSU and not Bama. But noone can argue that that is not biased.

Looking at Bama's schedule outside of LSU I don't see all that much of a tough schedule...and in that sense I mean any significantly harder than OSU. If anything I think OSU's might have been a harder schedule. Bama played who outside LSU? Arkansas but after that not much more. Florida and Auburn struggled and Penn State (I am a fan) I am sad too say was a great defense and a good team but they have no offense.

Sorry kind of just dragging on but in my opinion Bama had their shot, on their own field no less and lost, end of story. Funny thing I bet is if Bama was in the opposite division and lost to LSU in the Conference Championship we would not be talking about this....it would be OSU playing and not Bama I bet. To me that says it all. They lost so we know how they faired against the #1 team. We do not know how OSU would fair...speculate all we want but we won't know unless they play. I would have let OSU play instead of Bama. My rankings would have swapped Bama and OSU.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">West Virginia's offense went crazy on LSU just had too many turnovers and didn't capitalize in the red zone. The guy calling the plays at WVU came from OSU last year. We have better athletes than WVU.</div></div>

You do realize the score was 47-21, WVU could have doubled their score and still lost.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You accomplish and prove nothing by playing yourselves. Bowl games are supposed to be about teams from opposing conferences playing each other so fans can see how conferences stack up against each other.</div></div>

I didnt know the championship game cared about the conferences, I though it was to determine the best TEAM in the country. Determining the best conference can be for the other 340385302470504385039 worthless bowl games there are now.

[/quote]

I didnt know the championship game cared about the conferences, I though it was to determine the best TEAM in the country. Determining the best conference can be for the other 340385302470504385039 worthless bowl games there are now. [/quote]

Haha Awesome!!

Im still baffled by the OSU deserves it whine. You fluked a game to an unranked team. You cry about how Bama got there shot now someone else deserves it. But theres no one else to deserve it this year.

Bama played a good game and lost to a better team. Im fine with saying that, I'm fine with saying we played our best and they should be ranked above us.

So for OSU which is it, you got beat by a better team and should be ranked behind Iowa State, or you gave up in one game and didn't play your fullest all season long and don't deserve it. Which one?

Secondly no one in the SEC claims Vandy and Kentucky can be plowing over Oklahoma and Wisconsin and Oregon and the likes. But I guarantee you I will take them any day over the likes of your lower tier teams, Kansas, Duke, Minnesota, Indiana, Washington State.

And you say how unfair it is for Saban to put OSU 4th and while it may be biased, keep in mine they were 5th the previous week. So how is it so erroneous for him to put them one spot up the next week?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mpmilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im still baffled by the OSU deserves it whine. You fluked a game to an unranked team. You cry about how Bama got there shot now someone else deserves it. But theres no one else to deserve it this year.

Bama played a good game and lost to a better team. Im fine with saying that, I'm fine with saying we played our best and they should be ranked above us.

So for OSU which is it, you got beat by a better team and should be ranked behind Iowa State, or you gave up in one game and didn't play your fullest all season long and don't deserve it. Which one?

Secondly no one in the SEC claims Vandy and Kentucky can be plowing over Oklahoma and Wisconsin and Oregon and the likes. But I guarantee you I will take them any day over the likes of your lower tier teams, Kansas, Duke, Minnesota, Indiana, Washington State.

And you say how unfair it is for Saban to put OSU 4th and while it may be biased, keep in mine they were 5th the previous week. So how is it so erroneous for him to put them one spot up the next week? </div></div>

Who is whining...just stating my opinion.

If you always ranked teams by how they did against each other ie OSU should be behind ISU then you would never be able to complete a ranking becuase teams lose to other teams, while they beat others who then beat the teams they lost to.

By the way OSU was actually 3rd in the rankings not 5th before the championship week. Look at week 14 rankings. Week 14 rankings had Alabama at #2 and OSU at #3. Alabama was dormant week 15 because they did not make it to the championship game, OSU on the other hand crushed Oklahoma.

At the end of the day I think they both had fairly difficult schedules. We can all say that, ie they all played tough teams and they all played weak teams and I would argue that while Alabama may have played the toughest game, ie LSU, OSU had the harder overall schedule. For that reason I would have put OSU #2 and Alabama #3. You don't have to agree with me, that is your perogative but don't say I'm whining about it becuase to be honest I couldn't give two shits becuase I probably wouldn't have watched the game even if OSU was in it.

They both lost 1 game. Alabama lost to the current #1 so I infer that they are inferior to the #1 team, why rehash it out? Now why would I want to see a rematch of a team that was established as inferior and lost to them? Like I said before if Alabama was in the other division and lost to LSU in the Championship game we would not see this. I will not make a parallel between OSU losing to ISU and theoritcally this other team wouldn't have lost to them etc...cus we would never know unless they played. Why play games if they are decided on paper?

This is my opinion. Anyone can lose 1 game, so OSU lost a game in OT. Noone else was undefeated next to LSU so then I stack up all the 1 loss teams and Bama I would already axe off on my list because they lost to LSU. THe only case I would put Alabama to play in the NCS to play LSU is if they were the only 1 loss team. Other poeples opinion may vary as yours does (I mean you are in Bama so no surprise) but that is my opinion and again you don't have to agree with me. In my mind Alabama already lost to LSU no ands if or buts....you lost and I don't wanna see a rematch of a game I already saw. I would rather another team that had just as tough if not tougher schedule that had one slip up (same amount of losses as Bama) get to play in the NC.

Got a little sidetracked but continuing was I was explaining at the start of the above paragraph I would then look at all the 1 loss teams and I see OSU who arguable had just as hard or harder overall schedule yet the same amount of losses and the rest had easier schedules then I put OSU in. If OSU had a cakewalk of a schedule, I would probably put Bama back in the NCS so I stand corrected about the only way Bama being back in the NCS was if they were the only 1 loss team.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mpmilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im still baffled by the OSU deserves it whine. You fluked a game to an unranked team. You cry about how Bama got there shot now someone else deserves it. But theres no one else to deserve it this year.

Secondly no one in the SEC claims <span style="color: #FF0000">Vandy and Kentucky </span>can be plowing over Oklahoma and Wisconsin and Oregon and the likes. But I guarantee you I will take them any day over the likes of your lower tier teams, <span style="color: #FF0000">Kansas, Duke, Minnesota, Indiana, Washington State</span>.

And you say how unfair it is for Saban to put OSU 4th and while it may be biased, keep in mine they were 5th the previous week. So how is it so erroneous for him to put them one spot up the next week? </div></div>

I saw what you did there lol...you compared the absolute last place teams in other conferences but did not take the last place teams in the SEC instead you took teams that were in 2nd to last etc.

What about Ole Miss that only beat Fresno State and Southern Illinois?

Sorry but I consider Vandy and KY the bottom. Tennessee is below them this year but lets be honest, they won't be there forever. Im looking at the conference as a whole. The only exception to my other list may be Kansas but still.

And for OSU being 5th I was referring to the Coaches poll in which Saban votes in. OSU was 5th in both human polls in week 14.

And I will be the first to agree that I would rather see two different conferences play for the championship but I believe it should be about number 1 vs 2 first and foremost and I believe it did that. And I would love to see a Bama vs OSU matchup. But it is what it is.

OSU greatly benefited from playing during championship week even though they didn't play in a championship, as well as RG3.

But funny that all the computer polls had OSU 3rd before championship week. You think coaches should be have any say in the polls? Cus I definitely don't think so. Way too much room for bias.

All we can do is look at this year. We can't judge teams on where we think they will be in a year or two. I just think there is an extreme bias to the SEC becuase of the last 5-10 years but this year I don't think that holds true hence why all computer polls actually rank the Big 12 above the SEC, but human polls put the SEC first. Human polls are left to interpretation and bias.

What happens if Bama wins? I mean then we have 2 1 loss teams that split their games. Do we have to play a third to determine the real champion? Best of 3 now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I value your opinion like I value the paper I wipe my ass with....... </div></div>

I don't know about you, but I value my TP a lot. You don't really realize how much you value it until you don't have it and have to lose a sock....or two.

Go Iowa State!!!

I imagine that IF Bama wins there will be some sort of split titles. Its happened many times and will happen many times after. There is actually very seldom that there is a unanimous decision who there winner is.

This is definitely not one of the best years for the SEC, but there is reason only computers with unknown formulas favor the Big 12 this year. It seems they put unreasonable emphasis on road games. The SEC does have the undisputed number one team. The reason the Big 12 is favored in the computers is because heir top tier teams beat the bottom of the Pac 12 and ACC. Their best non conference was Oklahoma over FSU, which was a quality win.

The point being in comparing OSU and Bama, they both come from good competitive conferences with neither conference having a dominating advantage over the other. So that leaves us to compare the teams just as they are which is the way it should be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mpmilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im still baffled by the OSU deserves it whine. You fluked a game to an unranked team. You cry about how Bama got there shot now someone else deserves it. But theres no one else to deserve it this year.

Secondly no one in the SEC claims <span style="color: #FF0000">Vandy and Kentucky </span>can be plowing over Oklahoma and Wisconsin and Oregon and the likes. But I guarantee you I will take them any day over the likes of your lower tier teams, <span style="color: #FF0000">Kansas, Duke, Minnesota, Indiana, Washington State</span>.

I saw what you did there lol...you compared the absolute last place teams in other conferences but did not take the last place teams in the SEC instead you took teams that were in 2nd to last etc.

What about Ole Miss that only beat Fresno State and Southern Illinois? </div></div>

Hey! We beat TN for the first time in like 26 years! That was like our bowl game right there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Way to go voters.

Congratulations SEC.

You will be held up as a pretender by nearly everyone outside the SEC's eyes.

You accomplish and prove nothing by playing yourselves. Bowl games are supposed to be about teams from opposing conferences playing each other so fans can see how conferences stack up against each other.

I won't watch the incest happen.

The only positive to this is that it might actually kill the BCS system.

All you SEC homers save your comments I don't want to see them. You are part of the bias. </div></div>

Oh you'll watch. You'll watch all 60 minutes of it..