• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing inch lbs torque wrench?

Think I'm going with Borka, thanks guys. Have GG&G rings coming and gonna need it to mount the Manners T4 I'm saving for. New to the Long Range game, don't wanna cut any corners.

I have a Proto 5-40 in lbs torque wrench that I bought for around $107. It was checked and found to be out of spec from the factory. It went back and was fixed. Rechecked and was verified that it was correct by a gauge lab at work. I also own a Snap-on 40-200 in lb torque wrench that was only around $10 more exspensive tham the Proto. The only Snap-On torque wrenches that you will find from Snap-on that are more than that are the digital tech wrenches which I refuse to own on a personal bias. They work I just don't think that a torque wrench should have batteries in them. Craftsman torque wrenches have been banned from my work due to them not holding their calibrated value (they're junk). My torque wrenches go to get checked every 6 months and if they are off they go back to the factory to get fixed on their dime.