Indiana Shooting

There arent too many spots in the region to shoot long range unless you can get permission to get on some farmland. Im lucky to have a buddy in hebron where we can shoot out 1,000+yds. Other than that i yhink the closest place is like you said 4 hours away.

There arent too many spots in the region to shoot long range unless you can get permission to get on some farmland. Im lucky to have a buddy in hebron where we can shoot out 1,000+yds. Other than that i yhink the closest place is like you said 4 hours away.
Yep, this I know very well. Know of a range near Fort Wayne that has a 1000 yd, and got hunting land down south; both are a good haul to get to. Waiting on my rings, optics, and bipod to arrive then gonna zero it at JP’s 200 yd. would love maybe one day to get with you and your buddy in Hebron........I live in Chesterton.

Yeah. You're hosed, and the political climate up that'a way is not going to help.

You need to get in with CIHPRS. (Atterbury)

But look at this map:

http://www.illinoishighpower.org/10-state_schedule/10-state_schedule.html

...for a decent comprehensive of public-match ranges.
Getting that in the works. Gotta get DOPA data and much practice in befor then. Don’t wanna be one of those guys that shows up with a fancy gun and a box of ammo looking like a dumbass. Seen to many of them showing up opening day of firearm arm day for deer. Total dip-wads without a clue!!

What are you running?

It's not that big a deal, really. If you have a 100 yard zero, we can get you on paper at 1,000 pretty easily.

All I'm saying is: nobody expects you to come out and be a High Master, and you shouldn't wait until you are comfortable to come out and shoot. The first day is never comfortable, as it will push you outside your zone. But just do it anyway. :)

-Nate

What are you running?

It's not that big a deal, really. If you have a 100 yard zero, we can get you on paper at 1,000 pretty easily.

All I'm saying is: nobody expects you to come out and be a High Master, and you shouldn't wait until you are comfortable to come out and shoot. The first day is never comfortable, as it will push you outside your zone. But just do it anyway. :)

-Nate
Savage BA Evolution 6.5 cm

Young’s Longshot in Wolcottville has 1k but that might be a hike for you. I used to drive there from Toledo
Thanks, yeah I’ve heard of them along with Hillside as well. Tho both aren’t a super long drive I’d definitely plan on spending the entire day there; plus you’ve to to qualify past 200ydto become a member. $250 a year which is absolutely a drop in the bucket....... I was hoping to find something a little closer for after work shooting thing. Thank you for the reply tho?

Brickies, I'm going to make an uncool suggestion...but I think you better invest in a nice smallbore rig.

Frankly, it's the only way to reliably shoot after work "every day" and get good ELR training from it. Put up 200 yard smallbore targets and shoot on them until you can hold tough for 10's in most wind conditions. At 4", the 10-ring is not "easy" by almost any standard of accuracy. Not with a .22
rimfire.

When you get that done, put up an MR-31C at 300 yards and shoot at that. If you ever clean that with a rimfire, please make sure to have a witness sign and date it. :)

-Nate

Yeah that did come across uncool. But that’s ok Nate, you don’t know anything about this 52 year old man; my background, training, or weaponry ....... Just throwing out if anyone has leads on closer places to shoot. But thanks for the insightful information ?

Thanks, yeah I’ve heard of them along with Hillside as well. Tho both aren’t a super long drive I’d definitely plan on spending the entire day there; plus you’ve to to qualify past 200ydto become a member. $250 a year which is absolutely a drop in the bucket....... I was hoping to find something a little closer for after work shooting thing. Thank you for the reply tho?
Like someone said above, there is a ton of farmland out your way. Maybe see if someone will let you plant some steel at distance. We actually did that in PA one time for a bachelor party

Blessing in disguise. Had a MAJOR furnace wreck on Tuesday; and been camped out here all friggin week...... BTW, I’m an engineer at a local steel mill. One of the iron workers hired to put my furnace back together has a younger brother who just happens to be a farmer in Kouts with 2900 acres....... and he’s a shooter too???

I live in SE Indiana and we have a public 660 yard range if you are ever down this way. Switzerland County Sportsman's Club located in Bennington, IN.