• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Introduction to Steel Plates

scooterbear

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2003
Mississippi
Here is my son (age 11) shooting a P22 at steel plates. This was the first time that he shot plates and he really enjoyed it. He went though several boxes of 22 ammo.

I liked this picture that caught the brass and smoke just as he shot the gun.

092609005.jpg

Re: Introduction to Steel Plates

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rescueswimmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome, Can't wait to take my boy shooting. Another couple of years of waiting and collecting ammo <span style="color: #FF0000">and more guns</span> I guess. </div></div>

Fixed it for you.

I really envy you if that's your backyard.

Steel is a lot of fun, much more than paper. That report of a "ping" is so rewarding!

I'll be picking up a few sets of 1/2" AR500 steel plates in the morning. Can't wait
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerz_Subbie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really envy you if that's your backyard.

Steel is a lot of fun, much more than paper. That report of a "ping" is so rewarding!

I'll be picking up a few sets of 1/2" AR500 steel plates in the morning. Can't wait
smile.gif
</div></div>

We were at our local gun range, about a 20 minute drive from our house. We can shoot in our back yard out to about 60 yards, but no steel.

Here is a picture (taken with our game camera) from this morning's squirrel hunt. He was shooting a custom 10/22.

deer101009081.jpg

Great photograph with the squirrel, reminds me of....hmmmm....me when I was that age years ago....we won't get into just how many years. I was the proud owner of a brand new Marlin 39 my dad gave me, which I still have today.