• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Inverted H-32 reticle in Leupold Spotter

frankythefly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2010
Colorado
I am looking to get a better spotting scope and came across leupold's mark 4 spotter it is being offered with H-32,H-36, H-58 and inverted H-32. So what is the benefit of having an inverted reticle such as the H-32? Too many choices I have personally never looked through a horus reticle before are they worth the extra coin?

Re: Inverted H-32 reticle in Leupold Spotter

I think the glass on these is still average , and you will pay BIG ( more than its worth ) in my opinion for the over rated Horus .

The inverted ( upside down ) reticle is all about flipping the scope upside down and mounting like a Zeiss Spotter 60 , as the eye piece is lower , where it should be on a piece of kit designed to be used by Soldiers , ie keeps head down & profile down , if that makes sense .

Later Chris

Yeah that makes sense, reminds me of the MG-42s we had training with in Germany they had a periscope and trigger control unit that could be all controlled down in the trenches. I always thought that was a good idea, damn Germans are smart. Sort of like this:
800px-MG3_Tripod.JPEG

If you are looking for a Leu Mk4 H32 spotting scope in the normal reticle/scope position ... Horus Reticle offers Mk4 spotting scope in either the H32 or H36 for $2000 .... $25.00 S&H; Inverted H reticle approx $2400 ..... lowest I've seen was $2199 ... problem of finding one on the shelf without waiting 4 weeks. Several choices for mounting the inverted spotting scope .... Ewing's Scope Stands $400 for a nice tripod, LaRue Tactical offers a kit $958, TSSi has Ashbury piece parts to a tripod, Precision Tactical Tripods offers a low profile tripod.

whoever is interested, go to promotive.com, become a member. you will get deals on all types of products. one of those brands is leupold products. the mark 4's with horus reticles are running around 14-1500 right now on there.