• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Is anyone familiar with the older Shilen rifles?

pbgunrunner

Old enough to know better
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2005
Iowa City, Iowa
I have a chance to pick up a .30-06 hunting rifle that the guy claims is a Shilen production rifle. It does have a Shilen barrel and a fiberglass stock, but it has a Remington action. Did they do this? Is anyone familiar with the older guns? Any help and value opinions would be greatly appreciated!
92981.jpeg
92982.jpeg

I've got one of their DGR rifles, and it's fantastic. I know the older ones have a bit of a following, but weren't very popular.

Turns out it wasn't a Shilen gun after all, it was a Remington 700 w a fiberglass stock that had a shilen barrel on it that the owner insists is worth $2500. Fricken people!

• Haha
Reactions: supercorndogs
Turns out it wasn't a Shilen gun after all, it was a Remington 700 w a fiberglass stock that had a shilen barrel on it that the owner insists is worth $2500. Fricken people!
I don't thing the old DGA's are going for that much, and you can get into a new one built to your specs for less than that.

I’m pretty sure it was a 700 re-barreled by Shilen. I have one and it says “barrel by Shilen”. Let us know what Shilen replies with?

It's a 700 that was NOT relabeled by Shilen, not a Shilen gun at all. They replied w EXACTLY what you said, their guns didnt say "Remington " on the actions and if they put the barrel on it would say "barrel by Shilen" just as yours does. So it's a gun someone put together with a Shilen barrel. The seller still insists it's worth "at least $2500". Needeless to say we went our separate ways without doing a trade!

It's a 700 that was NOT relabeled by Shilen, not a Shilen gun at all. They replied w EXACTLY what you said, their guns didnt say "Remington " on the actions and if they put the barrel on it would say "barrel by Shilen" just as yours does. So it's a gun someone put together with a Shilen barrel. The seller still insists it's worth "at least $2500". Needeless to say we went our separate ways without doing a trade!
Even if it was a DGR or DGV action in a nice stock or chassis it probably wouldn’t be worth that.