Is there a way to further tighten the cant on a Super Cal Atlas Bipod?

want2learn

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2013
I purchased a Super Cal Atlas Bipod during the introductory promotion. It's a very nice bipod.

I do however find that the cant mechanism isn't all that secure. I've tried to hand tighten as much as i safely dare and while the adjusting lever feels quite tight, the platform cants with much less ease than i would hope or prefer. I don't overly load the bipod, i just shoot prone at the local range on the floor.

Wondering if it can be further tightened. It was a lot of money and i'd sure like to make it work for me. I like the bipod otherwise.

I recall there was a tool to tighten the Atlas bipod described here a few years back but i don't think it's made for this particular model.

thank you

Thank you

....the nut was surprisingly loose. i tightened it a bit (no manhandling) and it feels so much more secure.

It'll be some time before i get back to the range but i'm very grateful for the help.

Thank you

....the nut was surprisingly loose. i tightened it a bit (no manhandling) and it feels so much more secure.

It'll be some time before i get back to the range but i'm very grateful for the help.
564B11C7-7F64-4BC5-80A2-31F16398CE2E.jpeg