• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes iSnipe and Ballistic calculators

Atti_Mac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
TX
Any of you are using a iSnipe and Ballistic calculator application on Iphone?

Re: iSnipe and Ballistic calculators

I have the ballistics app. They are constantly updating so it's only getting better and better. Spend the $20. I love it.

I will read about it more, and I might order it.Thanx

If you want to try a free one, I have been working on this one to better learn phone development. Tested on both iPhone and Android, but should work on Palm Pre and Windows 7 mobile also.

http://ballistics.ntinnovations.com/mobile

Don't try this link with a PC unless you have a fully compliant HTML5 browser like safari 4. All data is stored local on the phone, and no internet connection is needed after initial installation. Just save the above URL to your phone desktop, and after the first install it runs local on the phone. Interested to see what people think.

I have Ballistics on an iPhone. I went shooting to 700 yards with a new rifle this past weekend. I chrony'd the load and plugged in the atmospheric info, and the ballistic table it calculated was first shot on steel out to 700 yards. I was very impressed with the $20 app.

madd0c

Ballistic has the option (which I recommend) of using the JBM ballistics engine (which is why, in turn, I recommend Ballistic).

I'll be looking to get one of these when I can get a iPhone for Verizon...maybe this fall. Up to this point, I've been using Exbal on a PocketPC and have been very pleased, but it would be great to have an integrated phone/ballistic computer.

Does anyone have a shot log app for I-Phone?

-David
Edgewood, NM

I use Ballistics FTE. It is as good as JBM is with a nice Interface. Especially the HUD Display is very usefull while shooting. You can also calculate for distances.
The settings could be improved but once you have it done its easy to use.

Chili

Edit: Range Log is included. http://ballistic.zdziarski.com/

iStrelok is a free ballistic app that I downloaded the other day. Took it varmint hunting Saturday and it worked great. Its very simple, but gets the job done if you know your load.

I will try the Istrelok first, I have to understand how is work
smile.gif

+1 on the FTE great program for the money. You don't have to wait for the Iphone get an Ipod touch and fire away...

Update on Istrelok,
I emailed the programmer of the App and suggested adding .1 mil as an option for the "clicks" and he got back to me and said he would add this feature.
I was surprised. I am sure this option will make the app more appealing to mil/mil shooters on this sight.

You might email him again, and add a suggestion. A really good ballistic program will have a provision for having actual clicks which are different from the nominal value.

For example, Leupold scopes with M1 knobs nominally adjust in quarter MOA clicks - however the scope clicks are actually closer to 1 inch per hundred yards.

To be really useful, a ballistic program needs to have the ability to handle that, so a user can measure his <span style="font-style: italic">actual</span> click value, and put it into the program. That way the program can calculate what he really has to dial to achieve the required point of impact change. There are programs which do that.

Anybody know if there are any ballistics apps for Symbian? I'm rockin' a Nokia Nuron and would love to see such an animal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ballistic FTE is a solid app for the money. </div></div>

+1 Incredibly powerful, and affordable. Get the FTE version, the HUD is very handy.

I have been trying to find a ballistic calculator for my Nokia E63 with symbian. Maybe someone will fill us in.

Anything for the BlackBerry? Nothing last time I inquired. This may very well be the reason that I go to an iPhone.

I heard the the next Blackberry OS will support HTML5 client applications. If that is true, then the app I wrote will work on the new Blackberry's