• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Issues with Gen 1 Galil Ace 7.62 x 39

h4everything

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2007
OK
I have a Galil Gen 1 ACE 7.62x39 pistol. running it suppressed I have been having hell to get it to run. I have tried couple different types of full power ammo and silver bear sub sonic. I can't get it to run. I have cleaned it lubed it with different oils, and in all of the places your supposed too.

Any suggestions on these issues? I have emailed IWI without response.

When you say can't get it to run....

How many rounds have you fired through it ? ( Approx. )

Will it fire a single mag fed round and extract / eject properly ?

With 2 rds in the mag does it fail to feed the 2nd round after firing the first ?

Does it have issues when you are firing it non-suppressed ?

Have you considered the KNS Galil Ace Pistol Adjustable Gas piston ? I don't know if this would fix your issues... but it kinda sounds over gassed with the suppressor. NOTE... KNS makes a bunch "AK" gas pistons... so make sure what you "want" fits.
https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/ak-adjustable-gas-piston/

At least 300 by me. some full power some subs

It will single mag feed and eject. I don't think it has enough laquer in it to have that issue in the chamber

It will normally do the 2nd round. It will average 3 malfuntions. Most malfunctions are about a half feed. Pull the bolt back 1/4 way turn it loose then it will feed. I have not shot it without a supressor much. I will try that.

Why would over gas make it not work? I would think it might wear the gun out faster by sending to much energy to the bolt but I don't see how it would cause the malfunctions.

I have the sheet I think that I might send it back to IWI for warranty work.

Has anyone sent anything to IWI before? What kind of service did you get?

thanks for the help guys