• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing Jeff at CDI

mexicanmatch

dallasa1
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2008
lanexa,va
i just got a box today with two stocks, actions and DBM's. The work he did was top notch. One of the stocks was a Choate Tatical and the other a Mcm. I am very pleased with his work and DBM all the way around. Thanks Jeff. Santa will come early. MM

Re: Jeff at CDI

ill second that, i installed one of jeff's bm on my rifle and it came out so so.. i had jeff do the second and it looks better than factory. great customer service.

I had Jeff inlet a B&C stock for his bottom metal a month or two ago . It took less than 2 weeks including shipping time . I recommend he does a complete install if action needs to be machined ( FN SPR , Howa , ? ) but on a Rem 700 he inletted stock and there was no machining to receiver so I just dropped action in and tightened bolts and was up and running . I showed another boy at the range his bottom metal and he had him inlet his stock and was very satisfied with his work .

david

I understand for a professional looking job, you should send it to Jeff to do it, but is the CDI DBM install difficult enough that someone shouldn't, or couldn't attempt to do it on their own?

Just wondering if someone who is proficient enough with rotary tools could attempt it.

Thanks.

On my FN SPR the bottom metal fit the HS stock fine with no work.
The bottom of the action needed the front corners under the feed ramp squared up so the mag would go up into the action about 1/8".
It was not hard to do with the rotary tool, steady hand and a good bit.
Take your time and several dry fits later it will all fall together like it should.

On my Tikka T-3 the stock needed quiet a bit of work along with the bottom of the action needing some beveling to the feed rails. I boxed it up and sent it in for the pro to do it.

My turn around time was like thes, i sent stocks and actions,3 days later Jeff called and said he was finished. Next week in my hands. work was first class and inlay for mag holders was like factory. I have more to be done and Jeff will get my business besides he is very polite and explains to you any Question one may have. A++++ rating in my book. MM